So, I've decided to get a Tiny Terror because I've found a used one with a nice tag...

The guy also has more than a few pedals, so, what are the 2 most important pedals I should buy from him? The style would be metal, metallica, panthera, and if possible some newer stuff like god forbid if anyone knows em, really like their sound, if not then just lamb of god or something like that :P

Vox V847 Wah (new version with 9v input)
Boss CS-3 Compressor
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer Overdrive
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble
Boss GE-7 7-Band Equalizer
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Electro-Harmonix Holi Grail Plus

Thanks!
uhm.. the TT isn't exactly a metal amp buddy. Sorry, but it's better suited to earlier classic and hard rock rather than Metallica and such. It just can't handle it, plus you'd have no headroom.

But to answer your question, I suppose with a DS-1 Distortion and and either the EQ or Wah, you might be alright.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

i'd go for the tube screamer and the GE-7, out of that list.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah, that's what the pedals are for I guess... I don't play metal completely exclusively, just wanna know which ones would make it sound good for metal I need a small amp and this is the only one I can find.
Get a Hardwire CM-2, it can get decent, semi-modern metal tones (not death metal though) out of the Tiny Terror.

Oh and don't bother with modulation effects (delays, reverbs, chorus) unless you are planning on getting an FX loop mod done.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Feb 4, 2009,
You're going to need more gain... The DS-1 is the best option you have listed, but honestly something more like a metal muff would do what you want a lot better.
Quote by Mosho2
Yeah, that's what the pedals are for I guess... I don't play metal completely exclusively, just wanna know which ones would make it sound good for metal I need a small amp and this is the only one I can find.

Pedals can't fix the flabby, muddy low end of low wattage amplifiers at high gain settings.
Vox V847 Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer Overdrive
Boss GE-7 7-Band Equalizer
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus

Those are all good pedals, if you can get them for cheap.
vox wah and ts9

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Well, I listened to like, every youtube metal TT clip out there, and I like the sound, even by itself without any pedals for lighter metal. I just want something to replace my rage 158, I never like it at all. I also need it to be smalll, and it seems like in Canada that used TT is the only decent options. A krank rev jr pro head would be like 1000CAD (800 bucks). The TT is half that.
^TTs are certainly great for metal, epecially 80's thrash.

Change the V2 pre amp tube for a 12AT7, it reduces the gain from the amp (which, imo, isn't that good after the 2'oclock position). This will allow you to get more distortion from boosters and pedals without ending up with too much gain.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Feb 4, 2009,
Eh, not the right amp for you. They could do metal, but you can find a better amp for it. Try something like a Randall RG50TC
Quote by FischmungaXTR
^TTs are certainly great for metal, epecially 80's thrash.

Change the V2 pre amp tube for a 12AT7, it reduces the gain from the amp (which, imo, isn't that good after the 2'oclock position). This will allow you to get more distortion from boosters and pedals without ending up with too much gain.

You realize that the distortion one gets from a boost is just pushing the preamp stage right? Which pretty much makes switching a preamp tube to a 12AT7 more or less... useless?

The bigger problem is the fact that it's a 15 watt amp, the power stage is going to distort, lead to a flubby low end, and it's going to become a muddy mess.

Rob Chapper's is a good player and cranks some great tones from his Orange amps, but his TT metal videos do not sound good.
I need it to be light... the Randall is 45lbs. It's either this, a Peavey classic 30, or the Krank rev jr. I can't find any of those 2 used, and the Krank new is like I said twice the price of the TT. If I really don't like the orange, I can resell it, as where I'm bringing it it's like 800$ used. I just need it to get the job done and enjoy myself, I'm gonna use it for practice after all...
Quote by mcrfobtai
Eh, not the right amp for you. They could do metal, but you can find a better amp for it. Try something like a Randall RG50TC

Nasty muddy thing, with not much more gain than the TT
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Well, with 2 of the pedals he said he'll make it 700 bucks, I guess I could get him to lower it by a bit but not much. Would I be better off shedding a bit more (like 200 bucks) for a new Krank rev jr pro head (though without any pedals)?
Quote by Mosho2
Well, with 2 of the pedals he said he'll make it 700 bucks, I guess I could get him to lower it by a bit but not much. Would I be better off shedding a bit more (like 200 bucks) for a new Krank rev jr pro head (though without any pedals)?

If you like the Krank better, but MAKE SURE you try it before you buy it.
Yeah I'm gonna try it tomorrow... But I don't want to get any pedals for it as it is pricey enough...