I listened to them once and didn't really like the vocals that much.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I listened to them once and didn't really like the vocals that much.

I totally confused this band with Psycroptic.

Just listened to Psyopus for the first time. It was... interesting, to say the least. I kinda liked it. Never heard anything like that before.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I use to really enjoy music like this, but i kinda grew out of it. I like the intro to death though. i like how it transitions into the song
I can't listen to this band for more than 5 minutes. Immensely talented but it's mostly just noise to me. I do like a couple songs though.
saw them once with JFAC and thought they sucked, then i saw them with cattle decap a few weeks back and they were ****ing mind blowing. the new singer is definitely better
on the brink of extinction.
ok I played with this band in a TINY bar the other day. Screw anyone who says anything negative, they are INCREDIBLE. Chris Arp is a mad man. Not only are his chops incredible, he uses some really cool techniques. Their drummer is amazing too. His gravity blasts blew me away.
I'll agree they're a good live band, I saw them Thursday with Atheist and the Faceless. Although if this Chris Arp is their guitarist, he's probably the creepiest dude in any band I've ever seen. Ridiculous tapping, though.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
They're crazy. I've seen them three times, all with their new vocalist. They really throw those hardcore dancers off haha
They just seem to try to be different for the sake of being different, IMO.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I'll agree they're a good live band, I saw them Thursday with Atheist and the Faceless. Although if this Chris Arp is their guitarist, he's probably the creepiest dude in any band I've ever seen. Ridiculous tapping, though.

I saw them last Friday with The Faceless and Atheist as well and they blew me away. I couldn't headbang, as the time changes were just making me look stupid (as I had never heard them before) which was weird, but none the less I came out impressed. I had a small headache, but thats ok . I really dug Chris Arp's playing, as it seemed really unique to me.

My buddy burned me their new CD as well (not sure the name) and I took a listen today and it was pretty good. I hate music with breakdowns and hxc music and whatever is cool nowadays, but I dig Psyopus!
North Carolina? Are you sure you didn't see them Thursday at Volume 11?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
North Carolina? Are you sure you didn't see them Thursday at Volume 11?

Oh yeah it was Thursday! So I'm assuming you were there as well? Awesome! I'm only 15, so my 2 friends and I were the youngest kids there. There were some scene kids, but have no fear, that wasn't us. We came to see Atheist and we ended up seeing everyone and liking all the bands. I thought it was an AWESOME show!
Yeah, I went by myself because a friend dropped out after I'd bought my ticket haha. Plus it's Atheist. I mean, how much longer are THEY going to be touring? But yeah it was pretty sweet.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Yeah, I went by myself because a friend dropped out after I'd bought my ticket haha. Plus it's Atheist. I mean, how much longer are THEY going to be touring? But yeah it was pretty sweet.

Hell yes it was sweet! It was easily the best show I had ever gone to.
Quote by colie22
Psyopus rules! Chris Arp is just amazing. I saw them open for Cattle Decap a few weeks ago and was blown away. Definitely a great live band.

Not the show I saw, but still awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWdP-hqwtQ

JEALOUSY!

I want to see Psyopus SO bad! That and you got to see them with Cattle Decapitation in the same show!

I'm starting to get really into these guys, and I bought their first cd. It's incredible, I now want the rest of them. Chris Arp is crazy good.
This band is my alarm clock.
Waking up to scissor **** paper doll is quite jarring.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I love the jazz intro to "Death, I..."
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I used to like these guys a lot, not so much now as I think you can find a better balance between technical complexity and melody/songwriting. They still have their moments, though.

I think it's important to have bands like this, pushing music in different directions without just throwing meaningless genres together.
Quote by nashawa
I love the jazz intro to "Death, I..."

that song got me interested in this band like 5 years ago... and then i found out i didnt really like anything else by them, and now ive lost touch and dont really know if i think theyve gotten any better
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
that song got me interested in this band like 5 years ago... and then i found out i didnt really like anything else by them, and now ive lost touch and dont really know if i think theyve gotten any better

Exact same thing with me.
Well, I like The White Light and The Pig Keeper's Daughter, but not much else.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!