Hey everyone !

I'm tired of the floyd rose of the RG350DX because the whammy bar doesn't screw so it just fall always. So i decided to change it for a licensed Floyd Rose and by the way i decided to change all my Hardware for Chrome ; ( here's a little exemple of what it shoud look like )

And i wonder , Is there any way i can install a Licensed Floyd Rose even if my current is a Edge III Tremolo system ?

Thanks.
Last edited by sim14 at Feb 4, 2009,
I like the all black hardware on mine but meh its your choice.

But dont get another LFR cause you will probably need another one in a few years anyway, get a gotoh FR or OFR, gotoh is cheaper but its just as good plus its MIJ.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Yeah but my question is will a normal FLoyd rose fit in a spacing where it's supposed to be an Edge III ?
Quote by sim14
Yeah but my question is will a normal FLoyd rose fit in a spacing where it's supposed to be an Edge III ?

Yeah gotoh is supposed to fit perfectly in the route and should fit most ibanez routes, Im actually doing this to my 350 soon so Ive done my research on it.

EDIT: Also its supposed to last for like 20 years so I would go with that.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah gotoh is supposed to fit perfectly in the route and should fit most ibanez routes, Im actually doing this to my 350 soon so Ive done my research on it.

EDIT: Also its supposed to last for like 20 years so I would go with that.

But from what I saw , The Gotoh floyd rose can't have a whammy bar that can screw so it stays in place , and that's my point of changing my floyd =O
Screw it in far enough by grabbing it with a monkey wrench (the ones that you can tighten) and screw it in possibly as far as it can go in, but you may have trouble getting it back out.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Screw it in far enough by grabbing it with a monkey wrench (the ones that you can tighten) and screw it in possibly as far as it can go in, but you may have trouble getting it back out.

In fact what i just want to know is If a '' Licensed Floyd Rose '' I don't care if it's cheap , would fit in my bridge ( Edge III ) position.
Quote by sim14
In fact what i just want to know is If a '' Licensed Floyd Rose '' I don't care if it's cheap , would fit in my bridge ( Edge III ) position.

It depends on the bridge and how is yours falling out Ive had my guitar over a year and it never comes out unless you pull it out.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
You should care if it's cheap.

Why would you spend $100 to downgrade?

Get something very good or don't get anything.

It should drop right in regardless.

Here is the lowdown on Ibby trems, http://lawl.net/gtr/trems .

I believe that it tells you what can be swapped for what, but if not, it's still an interesting read.

If you are getting parts, talk to the user LP Addict, he is in my sig. He'll get you 35% off things from www.allparts.com , which has everything.

Ya dig?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
You should care if it's cheap.

Why would you spend $100 to downgrade?

Get something very good or don't get anything.

It should drop right in regardless.

Here is the lowdown on Ibby trems, http://lawl.net/gtr/trems .

I believe that it tells you what can be swapped for what, but if not, it's still an interesting read.

If you are getting parts, talk to the user LP Addict, he is in my sig. He'll get you 35% off things from www.allparts.com , which has everything.

Ya dig?

Yeah I highly recommend the gotoh ive been recommened to get one for my 350 by more than 1 person.

EDIT: Hes right too why would you spend $100 on a trem thats gonna crap out on you in 1-5 years when you can get a $150 gotoh that will last you like 20 years. They make them in chrome, black (the old one is real black the new one is cosmo black like the edge), and gold.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah I highly recommend the gotoh ive been recommened to get one for my 350 by more than 1 person.

EDIT: Hes right too why would you spend $100 on a trem thats gonna crap out on you in 1-5 years when you can get a $150 gotoh that will last you like 20 years. They make them in chrome, black (the old one is real black the new one is cosmo black like the edge), and gold.

Yes but , they don't do the Gotoh so we can Screw the whammy bar ! So every time you bow down , the freaking whammy falls , and it won't stay in place. That's what i'm experiencing with my Edge III
Quote by sim14
Yes but , they don't do the Gotoh so we can Screw the whammy bar ! So every time you bow down , the freaking whammy falls , and it won't stay in place. That's what i'm experiencing with my Edge III

Theres a problem with it then I can divebomb and pull up all I want and the trem bar in mine never falls out unless like I said Im actually trying to pull it out.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Doesn't mean the Gotoh will do the same *rolls eyes*

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe