I really didnt want to make a thread like this but I need some ideas/opinions. Ok, so I have $190 left from my snowboard sale and I was originally planning on a delay or phaser pedal (MXR script phase 90 or a MXR Carbon copy or a boss DD-7). Those are all still options but i wanted to get some opinions.
Alot of people use delays and it seems like a required thing but Ive played around with delay on my boss dig.recorder and on a MG (not mine lol) and I dont know if it really fits in my playing. Having said that Ive heard alot of bitchen delay action from some of my fave guitarists (is it something you have to learn to utilize properly or just plug in and go??).
As for the phaser, it seems like a nice way to fatten up the tone (I already use a chorus to do this but a phaser might be nice to switch things up) and to push leads a bit. Again, not sure if its necassary.
My other ideas were a mic and a stand and whatever else I might need to mic a amp and some higher quality cables because the yoorkvilles Im running now are fuzzy. I dont do alot of recording but itd be nice to record my actual tone and not a stricty digital signal. Or maybe save up for some new pickups or tuning machines?

I dont really know what type of music I play but I like stuff like jazz fusion, jazz, blues, blues rock and jam music (prolly my fave). So any opinions on the pedals Ive listed for these genres or other effects that would be worth looking into, Im always open to opinions.

Sorry for the long post but thanks for any advice!!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i d get an mxr ten band eq....if you want to fatten up your tone...or have a separate thicker tone just for leads, this would be the way to go...you have no idea how impossible it is to get that perfect sound without tweaking those few frequencies.
yes, certain players train themselves to use the delay pedal in cool ways, with so,e things, it's just plug in and go, but for other stuff, like brian may's harmonies, it takes a while to train.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Im curious about eq pedals, I dont know what they do and i have absoulutly no idea how to work them lol so I dunno if one would be that ehlpful to me. A good idea though I look into it .
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
of the three pedals id get the MXR Carbon copy, it's analog(better tone than digital) and would sound sick through a chorus which you have

but beings you do a lot of recording i'd say get a mic and stand, it sounds like it'll do you the most good
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Delay is not for everyone. I like to have it but I don't always need a delay. I'd say a phaser is probably a good idea. Have you considered a wah?
Quote by justinb904
of the three pedals id get the MXR Carbon copy, it's analog(better tone than digital) and would sound sick through a chorus which you have

but beings you do a lot of recording i'd say get a mic and stand, it sounds like it'll do you the most good

well, thats your opinion

don't listen to comments like this. the difference between digital delay and analog delay is that digital stays clearer as the delay repeats. the analog saturates the delays, making them progressively muddier as the repeats go on. so, if you want a clearer sounding delay, go digital. if you want a more vintage sounding delay go analog.

a couple of good digital delays are, well, the whole Boss line, in my opinion. the DD3 is great if you don't want too many different options, just a straight ahead delay with no frills. the DD6 and the DD7 are better if you wants tons of features, like reverse, longer delay times, sound on sound and tap tempo. the digitech/hardwire delays are good too

for analog, i like the MXR carbon copy delay and the EHX memory man series.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I currently have a slash wah, its a little high gain for me and eventually I plan on replacing it with a Vox V847a so thats one option, but Id like to get some other fx kicking around before I replace my curent stuff.
I havent tryed any of these yet so Ill deffinatly test a dd-7 and a carbon copy. Im a little woried about the analog getting muddier ( that doesnt sound good to me lol :S) but Ive heard theyre alot warmer. I think the memory mans out of my price range. One thing I hate about delays is when I play a ****ty lick then I have to hear it twice or more lol.
How much do these Eqs cost?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
DD-7's are nice. Check out a #1 Echo by Electro Harmonix too.

For phaser, check out a Small Stone.