I need a version of YYZ by Rush to perform in my music presentation on prog but I need it to have just drums and bass. I have the guitar pro file and thought I could just mute the guitar track but the school computers don't have guitar pro and the midi files sound awful. So is there any way I could convert the guitar pro file to mp3 without using midi?

Alternatively, does anybody have/know where I could find YYZ without the guitar?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Quote by rock freebase
Dunno, is there such a thing as guitar karaoke?

There's a ton of stuff on www.guitarbackingtrack.com
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
no
only midi to mp3
but sounds even worse...
but there is a froum out there which makes backing tracks for youi dont know the name anymore
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Somehow I can fadangle my computer into recording what it is outputting. So in theory you could play the file in Guitar Pro and record it simutaneously in an external program. You have to select your soundcard (?) as the recording device in a program like Sound Recorder or something, and then select Wave Out Mix I think. Then you could have it in mp3 or WAV.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Just get a high quality midi to mp3 converter, i've done this multiple times, and it sounds GREAT
I'm Luke.
Ok. I'm just using the backing track. It's plenty good enough. Thanks guys.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.