Chuck an EMG pickup into a 250 dollar guitar? I use an ESP LC-50 and a peavey vypyr 15 w amp.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
You can always take the pickup out and use it on another guitar, so it's not really a waste...
BUT i don't think it's worth upgrading pickups when you use a solid state amp...
I'm not cool.
I put some Duncans in my LTD EC100QM ($250) and I could tell a difference through my Vypyr 30. The tone didn't change much but it did change some and the Duncans aren't muddy sounding like the stock ones were. You can always take them out if you get a better guitar latter on. So save your stock pickups so you can put them back if you need to.
cheap wood and active pickups go together like candy and a joint
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
cheap wood and active pickups go together like candy and a joint

add some pizza and I'm in
1) Drugs are good

2) You will not notice much inprovement when active electronics go through a sold state amp.

3) Unless you're on drugs.

Reinforcing my previous thoughts of

4) Drugs being good.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
1) Drugs are good

2) You will not notice much inprovement when active electronics go through a sold state amp.

3) Unless you're on drugs.

Reinforcing my previous thoughts of

4) Drugs being good.

you, sir, have it
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
^^^
So, that was pretty much the best thing I've heard all day

And that's been 6 of 12 posts being unrelated to TS's question, I think the thread may have just had a small threadjacking incident
And I definitely like Duck In A Hat's idea

BUT

To get back on track... Nah, I don't think it'd be that bad of an idea... It wouldn't give any crazy, drastic changes in tone, but it would be a bit noticeable, for the better I'd think if you like how EMGs sound (Which I'm assuming you do, or else you wouldn't be thinking about it)
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?