just moved into a small apartment and i was wondering wich amp has better tone. i can get both amps for the same price and would really like someones opinion on wich one to get because im sorta new to guitar....i am buying one tommorow thx...
Neither.

Get a five-watt tube combo.

Tube tone and you can crank it at apartment-levels.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
microcube by far
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Microcube, hands down. They actually sound very nice for a solid state amp and has a lot of options.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Vypyrs are good. Clear tone, and not digital sounding like the spiders.

They have a 15watt model for 99 bucks.
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original
i am buying locally my only 2 options are the micro or the spider and as for the 5 watt tube i cannot afford it right now and i have my deville stored for when i want a real amp. so wich is best for classic to hard rock......and i guess the both sound digital because of the built in effects???
Micro cube is a nice little amp. The 5 watt tube amps are too loud to play cranked without an attenuator in a regular appartment enviroment.
forgot to add the micro is only 2 watts i think...i tried it its pretty loud but cant make up my mind so i need the pit experts to help me spend my money wisely...lol could be using it for a while until i get a house...
Quote by stevecallahan
i am buying locally my only 2 options are the micro or the spider and as for the 5 watt tube i cannot afford it right now and i have my deville stored for when i want a real amp. so wich is best for classic to hard rock......and i guess the both sound digital because of the built in effects???

The cube is the way to go, it's heaps better then the Spider. The Cube sounds great for a solid state amp.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Cube, deffo. But seriously, vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
cube.

don't buy a 5watt tube amp, just because it's tube. just like there are crappy SS amps(spiders, crates, ect) and good ones(Roland JC,Ampeg VH-140, ect) there are also crappy tube amps as well as good ones.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
just bought the micro cube today, been thinking about an amp for a while but this one won for the price and the tone. IMO it cannot be compared to the vypyr 15, did not try the spider III but everyone says they suck so didn't even try it honestly, same reason I didn't try an mg either.

go with the micro cube
Quote by ShredGod George
you obviousry racka the disciprine needed to pray it right

My Gear:
Roland Micro Cube
Schecter C1-FR
well actually the spider has more options but im looking for the best tone think i may go with the cube according to the pit...
So you asked in the pit first....?????111!!!1?? WTF? And worse than that you take their opinion over what you've heard here....???

Begone bad spirit and may your ears forever hurt you!!