Does anybody know about the computer setup for playing electric guitar thru the computer with usb cord with a 1/4 inch jack on one end and a usb on the other end? I am looking to practice with music on my computer,not record. I cannot get any sound out my speakers or headphone with my guitar. I have tried different setups with my volume control . My computer is a Dell dimension B110 and my guitar is Guild SG. I have tried a volume test and it seems that the usb cord is O.K.
Quote by MarshallMadness
1. Buy mac
2. Use garageband
3. ????
4. Profit.

If I had enough money to buy a mac, I would buy 2 new guitars.
Quote by Flann
If I had enough money to buy a mac, I would buy 2 new guitars.
I'd build a PC better than the Mac and 1 new guitar.

And still have money left.
Quote by metaldud536
Exactly. Toneport. I want one.
I has one.

Is nice.
You can get a device called a lightsnake. its a usb to jack connection that comes with software etc. not sure what they are like but they have ok reviews. check them out i think they around £40 not sure in any other currency/area tho
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
I have like, a 1/4" to 1/8" cable that goes into my soundcard that kind of works for that IIRC. I don't record with it though, although I could.

edit: That's just my situation though, does it have drivers or something?

edit 2: I'm really tired, fodder post.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Feb 4, 2009,
Give ASIO a try. asio
It should input your usb to an output soundcard. Maybe..

Using Amplitube with it is hella handy too.
Last edited by dookie_dude_ at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'd build a PC better than the Mac and 1 new guitar.

lulz, good luck on the first half
Just get a toneport. Its an marvellous invention, although if you have crap pick ups it can be a bit of a bastard to create decent tone.