I need some good blues rock songs to jam with a drummer and another guitarist with.

I already know a lot of cream, derek and the dominos, pretty much all clapton solo stuff, a lot of john mayall with peter green, and statesboro blues by the allman brothers

I just need some good upbeat blues (oxymoron?) jam songs
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Feb 4, 2009,
Maybe Jessica by the ABB? I find that cool to play. It's pretty cheery and upbeat I find.
I Can't Quit You Babe - Led Zeppelin

sounds like you know most of my jam songs already lol
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
something by stevie ray vaughn, pride and joy for example- not too difficult but plenty of room to add new stuff
Quote by Led Head
I Can't Quit You Babe - Led Zeppelin

sounds like you know most of my jam songs already lol

ohhhh, i love zeppelin blues, gotta check that one out

and the SRV isn't really what i want, i'm looking for stuff more in the vein of cream or john mayall
Crossroads - Cream
Layla(First half only) - Eric Clapton/Derek & The Dominos
All Along The Watchtower - Bob Dylan, but the JH version is better IMO, and in Dylan's too.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 4, 2009,
Clapton - Blues Before Sunrise, Third Degree

I Can't Quit You Babe (already said)

Dazed and Confused - Led Zepp; also, Since I've been loving you, you shook me, Black Dog

stuff like that?
Look at some of the John Mayer Trio. They do some good blues stuff, I know this is a guitar thread but Pino Palladino kicks ass!
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by JF-SH1
Look at some of the John Mayer Trio. They do some good blues stuff, I know this is a guitar thread but Pino Palladino kicks ass!

i don't really know john mayer, what are some good songs to start with?
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Yeah, that one is good, but i like bb kings version better

what are some aerosmith songs that are bluesy, the only one i know off is same old song and dance train kept a rollin and mama kin

Eat the Rich (somewhat bluesy)
Sweet Emotion (verse)
Walk This way has some bluesy bits to it.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
i don't really know john mayer, what are some good songs to start with?

You'll want the John Mayer Trio, not John Mayer. The Trio is the more blues oriented group.

Some Songs that I have (from the live CD Where The Light Is)
Everyday I Have The Blues
Good Love Is On the Way
Out of My Mind (This one is slower)
Who Did You Think I Was?

John Mayer himself is alot of pop stuff, the Trio is blues rock, straight up.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by purplechairs
sleep now in the fire by rage against the machine perhaps? =)

We gots us a reg'lar comedian here, we does!

LOL.
I'd say anything by hendrix (pre psychedelic stuff that is), and some contemporary blues like Kenny Wayne shepherd, or Ian Moore's blues stuff. Only problem is neither have very good tabs but if you don't mind playing it by ear it could work our rather well.
Voodoo Child (slight return) - Hendrix
Politician - Cream
Sitting on Top of the World - Cream
Crossroads - Cream

Cream, Hendrix and Zeppelin did a lot of good ones. Those are my faves.