cant you sum it up for those of us with slow internet connection?

and how are those coils powered?

still watching...
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster

Electricity in wireless form.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CoreysMonster

You could just read the thread topic...

Oh wait, slow internets. lolz, sorry, I forgot.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
okay, so how is all of this radiating electromagnetism affecting our health? I cant imagine having super magnets everywhere in our home being healthy...
Quote by NoBC14

?

SSHHH don't ruin the fun.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by CoreysMonster
okay, so how is all of this radiating electromagnetism affecting our health? I cant imagine having super magnets everywhere in our home being healthy...

Not sure, but it's pretty much wireless internet, a receiver and a sender.
so you're basically blasting unused power constantly, unless you have appliancies near it?

sounds kinda useless.

EDIT: tbh, I really dont see the advantage of this technology, you're pretty much having "power generating magnets" on that power your appliances, which may be a convenience, but not a very ecological approach to power management.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 4, 2009,
So long as the transfer is as safe as they say and as harmless as radio waves, I'm all in for it.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by CoreysMonster
so you're basically blasting unused power constantly, unless you have appliancies near it?

sounds kinda useless.

I'd guess they'd figure out some way of turning off the 'sender' or putting it on standby when no 'receiver' is nearby.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

The wireless transmitting of electricity has been around since nikola tesla studied it like in the 1800's
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I'd guess they'd figure out some way of turning off the 'sender' or putting it on standby when no 'receiver' is nearby.

but then what use is a constant power emmiter + reciever? the emmiter will still be constantly eating energy, because they need electricity to run the sensors that will tell if there is an applyance nearby or not.

i really cant see that advantage, other than not having any wires around.
Quote by CoreysMonster
but then what use is a constant power emmiter + reciever? the emmiter will still be constantly eating energy, because they need electricity to run the sensors that will tell if there is an applyance nearby or not.

i really cant see that advantage, other than not having any wires around.

Maybe the emitters/receivers will have on/off switches, or just a standard on/off like on any other appliance that when turned on sets the coils going.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Look up Nikola Tesla, interested people.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by Jaymz_515
Maybe the emitters/receivers will have on/off switches, or just a standard on/off like on any other appliance that when turned on sets the coils going.

so.. it'll be like turning a normal on-off switch on an appliance on?

how is this a breakthrough?
Quote by daytripper75
was this like Tesla's idea? giant Tesla coils placed across the globe.

Anyone else feel like playing C&C: Red Alert now?
My dad experiments with this kind of thing. One night, he brought me into a garage and gave me one of those long tube light bulbs (the name escapes me). He then directed me to hold it within a few feet of some mechanical beastie he made, and it lit up. No wires, nothing but just the bulb itself in my hand. Lit up. Not full, about halfway. But still.
We're only strays.
looks pretty awesome, but the range seems atrocious
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by CoreysMonster
so.. it'll be like turning a normal on-off switch on an appliance on?

how is this a breakthrough?

Well the switch built into an appliance wouldn't restrict its movement like a wire to the wall socket would. But it does raise some questions as to how they intend to stop your house belting out power all the time.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Nice to see some of Tesla's ideas getting some attention

EDIT: One problem that I see with Tesla's idea is all the resistance and all the extra power that would be needed to transmit an electrical signal across the same distance using wires. Air is a hell of a resistor. I believe Tesla's big ass coil generated 12,000,000 volts and could only power a few things up to one mile away. The earth is what, 25,000 miles in circumference? Wouldn't that be 300,000,000,000 volts of electricity just to circle the globe?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Last edited by gatewaytobeyond at Feb 4, 2009,
Wireless electricity...penisless sex...

WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?!!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
My dad experiments with this kind of thing. One night, he brought me into a garage and gave me one of those long tube light bulbs (the name escapes me). He then directed me to hold it within a few feet of some mechanical beastie he made, and it lit up. No wires, nothing but just the bulb itself in my hand. Lit up. Not full, about halfway. But still.

We had a retired Duke University professor come to my Advanced Physics II class in high school last year, and he brought something that did the same thing with the flourescent light bulb. I cant for the life of me remember what it's called though...

Sidenote: Liquid nitrogen is very fun to play with
Quote by silversoulcage
I could see this being very unhealthy.

There's electromagnetic radiation coursing through you this very moment.
This wouldnt be to power your TV, the power being transmitted would kill you.

It's to power small devices such as ipods, wireless mouses, small radios etc etc.

If you tried to emit the power needed for large appliance it would be a health hazard, plus you'd be using so much electricity it'd just over power the national grid, more than likely.

I think this would be good for the small items that i mentioned though, never having to physically plug in an ipod or to dock your mouse to charge or replace batteries in a torch or whatever, it'd also save alot of money on batteries, but then again you'd have the extra cost of the electricity.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
There's electromagnetic radiation coursing through you this very moment.

yeah, but the electromagnetic radiation needed to transfer information is one thing, the same radiation needed to transfer FREAKING ELECTRICAL POWER is a completely other.
Quote by Daniel8488
This wouldnt be to power your TV, the power being transmitted would kill you.

It's to power small devices such as ipods, wireless mouses, small radios etc etc.

If it's already wireless then...?

Rechargeable batteries still make a lot more sense to me, seeing as how they already exist and we dont need anyone to invest tons of money into mass producing them, and then all of us having to go out and buy them.

Even so, it still seems like it would waste too much energy to make this worth it.

Quote by archangels666
Yes!

Though I prefer Red Alert 2...

I bought C&C: The First Decade and Red Alert 2 won't work for some reason
Last edited by NoBC14 at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by NoBC14

If it's already wireless then...?

Rechargeable batteries still make a lot more sense to me, seeing as how they already exist and we dont need anyone to invest tons of money into mass producing them, and then all of us having to go out and buy them.

I think the idea was recharging wireless mice, rather than the actual transmission. I agree with you on the batteries idea, I did see somewhere designs into much slimmer and lighter batteries than the ones we use these days.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I first discovered Tesla through The Prestige.

Good movie.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
This is gonna be wonderful stuff... in like 20 years. I doubt it's gonna make an impact now though. But if they don't do it now, and waste ****-tons of money, it will never be perfected.