I'm doing this thing called music for healing at a hospital, and i can basically play as long as i want but in half hour increments, and so i need a list of soothing songs that i can play for 30 minutes. so far i have vivaldi's andante, messing around in C major, and maybe classical gas thrown in. any recommendations? thanks
if they are younger do some fray, jack johnson, and some lively hopeful songs
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
i cum blood

thanks for that one. you should probably yourself go to a hospital, albeit for a different reason.

i'm playing in the lobby basically so as people walk in and out i play stuff. i don't know if i could do jack johnson-y stuff, but simon and garfunkel is doable. i'm really more looking for instrumental pieces so i don't get bored repeating the same chord pattern over and over again.
Don't do sound of silence for heavens sake. Most people who pass you in the lobby will most probably be visiting sick or injured family or friends (or they'll be staff but the same applies). Most likely they'll be down enough as it is.

Play some cheerful stuff that'll help to put a smile on everyones faces. Not only that but when you're playing it try to look as cheerful as possible without taking the piss, if you know what I mean.

To be honest mate a Hospital gig is pretty harsh, hope they're paying you well.

Here Comes The Sun - Beatles.
Mrs Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel
Its a Beautiful Day - U2
I'm a Believer - The Monkees

There's a few to be going on with.
I'm all for this, as I've just recently done it for my mom who was in the hosp. last summer for a heart attack. She's 89 and certainly needed a pick-me-up at the time, so I brought my acoustic with me and played around on it for her when I visited. It helped lift her spirits instantly. I also went to the recreation/lounge area and played along with this guy who was on piano and was playing some classical stuff. I just improvised as best as I could since I really don't know how to play much in the way of classical tunes, but that's irrelevent. The main point here is that you are giving a bit of yourself, in the form of music, to the people there. Everyone loved it. Go for it I say. You can always just busk your way through it too. Just play whatever feels good at the moment. Mix it up if you can so you don't wind up playing the same thing over and over again, like you said.
it'd be cool if i got paid, this is a volunteer dealy so most likely not. i don't know if i could play stuff like here comes the sun, i would feel a little silly and it might look like i was taking the mick. rather than cheerful i was thinking of soothing. or the way i see it, i would rather have a stream flowing than burbling.
Quote by masterp666
it'd be cool if i got paid, this is a volunteer dealy so most likely not. i don't know if i could play stuff like here comes the sun, i would feel a little silly and it might look like i was taking the mick. rather than cheerful i was thinking of soothing. or the way i see it, i would rather have a stream flowing than burbling.

Ok thats cool mate, and yeah it comes down to interpretation but it looks as though you know the deal. Just trying to help, hope it works out and above all else make sure you enjoy yourself
I guess singing : Living like you were dying" is out of the question
Ugh dude youve got to play that polyphonic spree song- reach for the sun or something like that. Thats real hospital music.
Peace be thy journey
as far as simon and garfunkel goes, "america" off their bookends album is fun to play imo
signed,
your favorite poster
Simon & Garfunkel, America, Bread, James Taylor, John Denver...that kinda stuff...maybe somethin Jack Johnson-ish ...Id stick to safe as far as edgy songs go...