Page 1 of 2
i'm in college, and this semester i've got some really early classes i really need caffine in the morning now, just wondering what the pit's prefered energy drink was, best boost for the least amount of money?

edit: i would only drink one 2-3 times a week, not every day. also, i'm open to any alternatives; tea, coffee, ect..
I'd like a chocolate shake.. with a whiskey chaser
Last edited by uffan526 at Feb 4, 2009,
energy drinks seriously **** up your liver. if you need caffeine, stick to coffee.

believe me. /bad experiences with energy drinks
Lucozade Sport is great, and tasty too, it's pretty expensive if you buy it by the bottle, but less so if you buy the powder and mix it yourself.
Dude just go to sleep earlier. That **** cannot be good to drink everyday, your body needs rest.
Quote by CoreysMonster
energy drinks seriously **** up your liver. if you need caffeine, stick to coffee.

believe me. /bad experiences with energy drinks

Source please

I like Rockstars. Its even better when I'm playing rock and drinking it. Makes me feel like a Guitar Hero when I play with my Rock Band.
There is no lucozade in Florida or elsewhere in the United States. If you want a morning boost, try looking into powders marketed towards athletes that contain a stack such as caffeine, b-vitamins, L-glutamine, and creatine.

Do not take what I have said as medical or legal advice.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
idk about every day but monster tastes reaaallllyyyy good. but it doesnt really give me energy, but the awesome taste should wake you up. the green only. or the blue, which is green but with less crap.
I feel fine and I have been drinking energy drinks daily for the past 5 or 6 months. My drink of choice is either Amp or Red Bull. Don't drink NOS, I had a bad experience with that drink. When I was crashing I got really bad shakes.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by Chaos Nil
Source please

I like Rockstars. Its even better when I'm playing rock and drinking it. Makes me feel like a Guitar Hero when I play with my Rock Band.

source is my own experience where I drank 1.5 liters of energy drink for over 3 weeks every day, and after that my liver values were subnormal, I had diarrhea every day and I was nearly physically addicted to the crap.

energy drinks are fine every now and then, but don't rely on them to get you up and going when you haven't slept well.
monster is good but just don't put it down too fast
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Chaos Nil
Source please

He was perhaps making a gross generalization about fing up the liver, but there are studies on the adverse effects of energy drinks.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/reprint/11/6/432.pdf
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by uffan526
i'm in college, and this semester i've got some really early classes i really need caffine in the morning now, just wondering what the pit's prefered energy drink was, best boost for the least amount of money?

MONSTER! Don't drink it everyday though, you will ****ing die. haha. I either drink it when I am super tired, or just want to treat myself. Monster for sure though, they are the best.
Quote by niflag
He was perhaps making a gross generalization about fing up the liver, but there are studies on the adverse effects of energy drinks.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/reprint/11/6/432.pdf

no i wasn't, i was referring to my personal case of energy drink abuse, which damaged my liver as severly as severe alcohol abuse would have done.

I'm not gonna scan my doctor diagnoses for you, so you're gonna have to believe my word.
red bull, but i prefer coffee
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Quote by CoreysMonster
which damaged my liver as severly as severe alcohol abuse would have done.

You have got to be kidding me...
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, red bull, I really like red bull.

Amp is tasty too
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by Jarrott
You have got to be kidding me...

yes I am

it was to illustrate a point.

EDIT: but it DID damage my liver, and my doctor told me to stop drinking red bull immediatel, because the very high caffeine and taurine amounts were damaging my body.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 4, 2009,
i used to drink at least one energy drink every day, then i stopped and didn't have one for like 6 months, now if i drink one i make me shake violenly and such
monster green & chaos
red bull
full throttle black blue and orange
rockstar purple and orange
those are my favorites.
Quote by CoreysMonster
no i wasn't, i was referring to my personal case of energy drink abuse, which damaged my liver as severly as severe alcohol abuse would have done.

I'm not gonna scan my doctor diagnoses for you, so you're gonna have to believe my word.

Referring to your personal case and suggesting that drinking energy drinks is bad in general is a gross generalization. Energy drinks are bad for your liver, as "severe alcohol abuse" apparently would be too.

And no, I'm not gonna have to believe your word, as I am a rational human and can come to my own conclusions as I wish.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do

New guitar fund = beer/0
Last edited by niflag at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by jeremessmore
One of the ingredients in energy drinks (Taurine?) is actually bull semen, just saying. I used to drink a sh*t load of energy drinks but then I realized they make me break out, crashing sucks and they are reaaaally bad for you, so I quit drinking them

Taurine is a naturally occuring enzyme in the human body.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by niflag
Referring to your personal case and suggesting that drinking energy drinks is bad in general is a gross generalization. Energy drinks are bad for your liver, as "severe alcohol abuse" apparently would be too.

And no, I'm not gonna have to believe your word, as I am a rational human and can come to my own conclusions as I wish.

if you read my edit, you'd know I was exaggerating with the comparison to alcohol abuse, with which I had my own experiences much later, but I'm not suggesting that energy drinks are bad IN GENERAL. they, like most other substances, are bad IN ABUNDANCE, and in ABUSE. if you drink to many energy drinks, they **** up your liver. simple as that. how many do you have to drink? depends on the person and on the liver. drinking 1.5 liters of bad energy drink for over 3 weeks isn't good for your liver, FACT.

drinking a red bull every now and then is pretty harmless, FACT.

drinking a bottle of vodka every day for over 3 weeks is bad for you, FACT
drinking a bottle of vodka every now and then is pretty harmless, as long as you space it out over a couple of weeks, FACT.

now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my bottle of vodka.

*sips*
Quote by CoreysMonster
drinking 1.5 liters of bad energy drink for over 3 weeks isn't good for your liver, FACT.

drinking a red bull every now and then is pretty harmless, FACT.

drinking a bottle of vodka every day for over 3 weeks is bad for you, FACT
drinking a bottle of vodka every now and then is pretty harmless, as long as you space it out over a couple of weeks, FACT.

Completely unfounded "facts."
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by niflag
Completely unfounded "facts."

try it for a couple of weeks, then come back.

that's like saying "looking into the sun is bad for you, that's a completely unfounded fact!"
Rockstar Fruit Punch,effin delicious if you can find it most stores in my hood dont have it
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Quote by CoreysMonster
try it for a couple of weeks, then come back.

that's like saying "looking into the sun is bad for you, that's a completely unfounded fact!"

You supply the vodka and Red Bull and I'll take you up on your challenge .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Jarrott
You supply the vodka and Red Bull and I'll take you up on your challenge .

it's not a challenge, it's a question of common sense.

do you seriously thing that drinking a bottle of vodka, or drinking a 1.5 litre bottle of red bull every day for over 3 weeks will be good to your health? if you do, by all means, try it out.
if you dont, welcome on the side that isn't in danger of developing sicknesses.
You will save money by investing in a reasonable coffee machine and buying a blend of coffee that you prefer.

http://www.coffeemakers.com/coffee-makers/grind-and-brew-coffee-makers/cuisinartdgb300grindandbrew10cupautomaticcoffeemakerblack.cfm
^^^^^^
That costs about $80.00. That's only 26 energy drinks. That coffee maker makes 10 cups/serving. This means that, if you buy coffee grinds in bulk, that you could easily have about triple the amount coffee that you would have had for energy drinks.

But I recomend energy drink wise:
Red Bull for taste
Rockstar for size
Monster for potency (but pretty bad taste)
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by CoreysMonster
it's not a challenge, it's a question of common sense.

do you seriously thing that drinking a bottle of vodka, or drinking a 1.5 litre bottle of red bull every day for over 3 weeks will be good to your health? if you do, by all means, try it out.
if you dont, welcome on the side that isn't in danger of developing sicknesses.

It was sarcasm.

I think your red bull binge affected your brain more than your liver.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Jarrott
It was sarcasm.

I think your red bull binge affected your brain more than your liver.

no, drinking almost 3/4 a bottle of vodka tonight affected my brain more than my liver

*maniacal laugh*
Searchbar, I made a thread like this about a month ago >_>
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Kick from Tesco is like 90p for a litre
I drink alot of it lol
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
monster is the best

fruit punch rockstar tastes like koolaid

red bull is yummy

nos has way too much sugar and other unhealthy ****
Page 1 of 2