Page 1 of 2
My school's arts department won't let me or another group of my friends perform in their sh*t-@ss talent show because W'e're "too agressive." I guess that is a compliment, but it's bull**** seeing how they're letting a crappy screamo band perform while we can't. I think I'll start a riot the day of the show and give the director my two cents by filling her gas tank with paint.
That'll help your cause.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
wow thats lame, ya one band i played in had to change its lyrics for a talent show
Please don't. That's dumb.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by PinK FLoYd152
My school's arts department won't let me or another group of my friends perform in their sh*t-@ss talent show because W'e're "too agressive." I guess that is a compliment, but it's bull**** seeing how they're letting a crappy screamo band perform while we can't. I think I'll start a riot the day of the show and give the director my two cents by filling her gas tank with paint.

I played at the talent show once, it was so lame.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Or you could grow up.

agreed
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Too Aggressive huh? Well they were probably just trying to make sure everyone in the talent show was talented When bands are over-the-top aggressive it's 99% of the time because they don't have any real talent.

That said, I have no idea how any screamo band made it into the show...
I had to change my lyrics also for talent show, but dude no worries why do they consider your band aggressive?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Too Aggressive huh? Well they were probably just trying to make sure everyone in the talent show was talented When bands are over-the-top aggressive it's 99% of the time because they don't have any real talent.

That said, I have no idea how any screamo band made it into the show...

+1000000000000000000000000000000

You guys could rework you're music and cover some softer more crowd pleasing music.
obviously you don't want to play in the talent show anyway based on how you've described it. find another way to show people your band's talent
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Suggest a battle of the bands. That's what we did at our school.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Eh, talent shows arent cool. Honestly. Go to a public place and rock out, and get some friends there, if you wait long enough some people might come.
I hope you do, so that you are immediately reprimanded after a quick internet search by the school administrators.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
ya well at my school we cant use electric guitars because there to heavy apparently :S, and its acoustic guitars only in talent shows... im like ok wtf thats not true
RAW POWER
Quote by silversoulcage
Just set up outside in the parking lot, turn everything all the way up and rock the **** out.

this...
please grow the **** up.
You don't like religion forced on you, now don't force your music on others.
if your not happy with it. after the talent show set up a gig in the same gym and play and see how many people will show up.
Bring in some sorta rights and freedom acts and proclamations and fight them useing legal facts. I wouldn't give up on something you want to do, just debate and fight it. Fight for your right to rock. but fight fair, not whinning and complaining, come up with logical reasons and what not. Good luck.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Ethanb08
Bring in some sorta rights and freedom acts and proclamations and fight them useing legal facts. I wouldn't give up on something you want to do, just debate and fight it. Fight for your right to rock. but fight fair, not whinning and complaining, come up with logical reasons and what not. Good luck.

bruh.....it's just a talent show
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
haha, my school let my band play at their talent show
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by ItsThatDude
bruh.....it's just a talent show

None the less... Im personally not the kind of person that just gives up at music... no matter the case.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Haha, this sounds familiar.

They censored one band from playing "Screaming at a Wall" by Minor Threat, and I'm not sure what they disallowed you to perform.

But then again, I know I wouldnt want to hear the utter garbage that is a 1:30 second long yellfest.
i did a whitechapel vocal cover at my talent show, there was only like 8 kids head banging with me everyone else was like
but that was a bit back in grade 9 lol.
It's not our own music, we were going to play Motorhead or a Metallica tune that isn't over played.
IS it because of the lyrics? My band had to play Killing in the Name with "Stuff you I won't do what you tell me" in a show at school.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by PinK FLoYd152
It's not our own music, we were going to play Motorhead or a Metallica tune that isn't over played.

Yeah, right.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by PinK FLoYd152

What, are you only able to play one genre of music?
If you really want to play tell her ye'll do an acoustic number.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Maybe 'too aggresive' was the teacher's nice way of telling you that your band aren't that good.
Quote by wokketywok
Biggest fail ever. WTF? Why didn't you just stay true to the songs message?

Because I'm sure some people don't "**** you" screamed at them for a minute.
Meh. Talent shows suck anyway. See if you can find some actual shows for your band in your area, they're way more fun.
I was at a talent show last night

because my best friend was playing in it, and my other friends were going to be there.

...that's all I have to contribute the this thread. thats all i have to contribute to this thread.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Play a Tool song. Aggressive, but not like Motorhead.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Page 1 of 2