Hey, I'v been looking at this amp for awhile now and I'm wondering if its good I'v heard that you cant use effect pedals with it is this true? and also that its not good with active pickups I have a Jackson DKMG with active emgs.

Thanks
i used to own one of these. theyre...eh. a lot of people will say theyre horrible though. you can use pedals if you really want to, but A. the amp already has them so why? and B. especially distortion into one of these, is will sound awful. not sure about the active pickups though
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
No, the Spiders are terrible. Get a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube. They are far better amps then Spiders.
lack of tone isn't worth the money, you could find a better amp
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Spiders = bad
EMG's + Solid State = bad
Spider + pedal = bad

Spider + pedal + EMG's = dear god no.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
no. for that price, get a tube amplifier capable of the genres you want to play. my guess is youre into metal if you like EMG's. so look into bugera instead.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Get a horizontal stack. Definitely more brootal than the vertical ones.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
i actually have one, so i speak from experience.
its not a bad amp contrary to what most people say. if your not serious about playing and gigging and all that **** then yeah you will enjoy it. but if not your gonna find that you want a new and better amp most likely a tube amp. so its up to you, but in all honesty i cant say that its HORRIBLE. and as for pedals i dont really use too many effects other than a wah. when you run the wah by itself it doesnt sound bad, but if you want to use distortion pedals and a wah (and most likely other effects too) together, DONT GET THIS AMP. the wah with the distortion pedal sounds terrible. so consider that.
i hate fanboys that say it sucks so much and reccomend cubes and vypyrs when half problably never tried them.
Well..... what's your budget?

And to PollyWntsCrack, I have played the Cube and the Vypyr. I'd recommend either over the Spider any day of the week.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
USD I'm guessing. You play mainly metal, correct?

I know it gets thrown around a lot, but look for a used 5150/6505/6505+/Boogera (yes I know its Bugera...)

That pretty much covers all your bases....

I know the other guys here will give you more and probably better suggestions
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You may be a Feb '09er, but it doesn't not excuse you from the search bar

And if we had a solid budget we could suggest something far better then the spider. Look at Cubes/Vypyrs/Valvetronix's for low budget practice amps, and Bugers/Used Peaveys/B-52 AT112 for tube amps and possible gigging.
why should this guy get a vypyr if he plans on using effect pedals? it reacts to pedals just as badly as spiders. get a B-52 at-112 or look used
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Your only option is to either get a Bugera as previously suggested or look for a used Peavey XXX combo or something very similar. You want a tube amp of sorts that can do metal if you're gonna make proper use of EMG's.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by necrosis1193
Spiders = bad
EMG's + Solid State = bad
Spider + pedal = bad

Spider + pedal + EMG's = dear god no.

This
Try a B-52 AT-112, or wait for the 6505+ 112. Get a tube combo, you will be much more satisfied.
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Seriously, no there are much better amps you can get in that price range, don't be fooled by flashy light, and low quality digital effects
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
As a practice amp they arent terrible, there is better but its a practice amp. But any other use there are so many much better amps to buy. To get any use out of it your gonna have to lay out some extra cash for the foot controller. And their reliability is pretty bad. If you already have pedals then you dont need an amp loaded with FX to. Your budget is going to really restrict what you can get. Not much in the way of a half stack for that kind of cash. More money or less amp.
B-52 AT-112
Peavey 6505 112
Randall RG50-TC

You needz teh toobz to breeng oot zee ee ehm gees.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.