After a long period of not playing my Tele I decided to get it out and put some new strings on it but as I was attempting to get the thick E out the stupid thing wouldn't even budge, so I have this little node of a string left ( I attempted to cut the thing out) with the ball end stuck in the hole through the body, I've even tried to vaccum it out but it won't budge, so any help as to how to get it out and how to prevent this from happening in the future?
It's one of the annoyances of a string-thru bridge. Worth it for the tone IMO though.

Anyway, get a paperclip, unfold it and just tun it through the hole. Should push it out.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Try a cocktail stick. if it's thin enough of course... otherwise, I second the paperclip idea.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
yeah I used to use a tooth pick when I had a strat.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by jeremessmore
Ok thanks, would putting a little piece of cloth between the spot where the string goes in/out help it not get stuck? or would that f*ck up the sustain?

I'm not sure, but I just have a paperclip duct-taped to the back of my strats head since it has the problem, and I intend to do the same once I get a tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm not sure, but I just have a paperclip duct-taped to the back of my strats head since it has the problem, and I intend to do the same once I get a tele.

I put a piece of sock in there just in case (cut a small section, then just put the string through it) and it works like a dream, the paper clip idea got it out, can't get enough of my old tele now

To the guy that suggested to take the bridge off, I did that in the first 20 mins