* FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO MOUSE-HOVER, I MEANT MINI-AMP, NOT AMO*

Well, I had an idea a few days back when I took my little Danelectro Honeytone apart.

If I took the two wires that go to the speaker from the board, and solder them into another input jack (obviously it'd be an output jack, but..... eh. you know what I mean), wouldn't that basically be a pedal?

Or would something go horribly wrong, or would it just not work?

Sorry if this is a totally stupid idea, but I'm getting more into fooling around with electronics (quite positive I'm going to college to be an electrical engineer, actually).
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
well, the amp has a power amp built in and thats where the wires are coming from, you would need to find a way to bypass the power amp to use it as a "pedal"
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Bad idea. The input of a pedal is meant to handle low level signals, such as those being produced by your guitar. These signals are on the order of millivolts. I've never measured them with my oscilloscope, but I'd be surprised if it's more than a few hundred millivolts. Your amp, even if it's a mini, produces at least half a watt, if not more. Feeding this signal level, at 8 ohms, into the next pedal will fry the input stage. If you kept the volume REAL low, you could get away with it, but the impedance mismatch would make it sound bad.
Ah, okay, thanks guys. I figured it would be dangerous, but hey. You never know :hah

I guess I'll just have to build a clone then. Cheers again
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by KG6_Steven
Bad idea. The input of a pedal is meant to handle low level signals, such as those being produced by your guitar. These signals are on the order of millivolts. I've never measured them with my oscilloscope, but I'd be surprised if it's more than a few hundred millivolts. Your amp, even if it's a mini, produces at least half a watt, if not more. Feeding this signal level, at 8 ohms, into the next pedal will fry the input stage. If you kept the volume REAL low, you could get away with it, but the impedance mismatch would make it sound bad.

You just earned the title below your name, well put sir...sure you've earned it before.

FWIW, a weak single coil is about 100mV, hot SC about 150-200mV, weak humbucker about 250mV, hot humbucker 500mV, and an active a few volts.

TS: If the pedal went straight into a tube amp that didn't have any solid state weirdness in the front end, you MAY be able to get away with it. Depending on the design of the amp, it may sound like total **** though. High gain amps would fair better than say, a Fender Twin.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Off topic: Good call on the mouse hover.

On Topic: I'd be curious to see that mini amp split into a mini Head / Cab combo...
------

Shwiggity.