Family suffers house fire; Nintendo steps in to replace lost Ninty items

Page 1 of 2
This probably belongs in the Gaming Thread, but I thought it was such a nice story that everyone should hear it

Also, it proves not all customer services are full of scumbags

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71149

Heartwarming
Thats like how on Tuesday Denny's gave away free breakfast to anyone who wanted it.

I hit that **** up so fast haha.
well, i should set my house on fire and say that i had a nintendo just do i can have a nintendo
Good on Nintendo.

Not many big companies would do something like that.
Empty Space
Awesome!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by silversoulcage
Thats like how on Tuesday Denny's gave away free breakfast to anyone who wanted it.

I hit that **** up so fast as well.. i also **** that **** out so fast..
Quote by lp345
This probably belongs in the Gaming Thread, but I thought it was such a nice story that everyone should hear it

Also, it proves not all customer services are full of scumbags

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71149

Heartwarming

i guess there is some generous companies out there, they are not all monsters in the end.
lets see what sony has to say to this

Quote by sony
it's their own fault, they need to buy new merchandise!

and microsoft..

Quote by microsoft
they're going to have to pay the extra 50 dollars for the Destroyed-by-fire fee that comes with every Microsoft product including Xbox!

+100 points to nintendo for proving they have had and always will have more soul that any other console company ever made.
Nintendo =
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by CoreysMonster

and microsoft..

+100 points to nintendo for proving they have had and always will have more soul that any other console company ever made.

Must be the side effects from the "Fat Man" and "Little Boy."
Pfft. Sony didn't replace my PS2 whenever my house burnt down. And I'd only had it for one day.

Good for Nintendo, though.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RU Experienced?

i do not get this joke
please explain.
Quote by CoreysMonster
i do not get this joke
please explain.

They were the names of the atomic bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima respectively in WWII; the joke was suggesting that since Nintendo is a Japanese company, the side effects of the radiation from aforementioned bombs must have resulted in congenital defects in the figureheads of Nintendo, which is why they are acting compassionately instead of adhering to the practices of most other companies who would blow off their consumers.

My humor is too sophisticated for the pit
even though this is great i cant help but think if this happened in the last gen of gaming (when the gamecube was out) nintendo might not have done this because they weren't sitting so pretty on the sales of the wii and ds. good on them anyway
Quote by RU Experienced?
They were the names of the atomic bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima respectively in WWII; the joke was suggesting that since Nintendo is a Japanese company, the side effects of the radiation from aforementioned bombs must have resulted in congenital defects in the figureheads of Nintendo, which is why they are acting compassionately instead of adhering to the practices of most other companies who would blow off their consumers.

Was it really worth it? Wouldn't a joke with poop or pee or boobs be easier?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
Was it really worth it? Wouldn't a joke with poop or pee or boobs be easier?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: If even just one person understood it, then I am content. Who would have thought no one would remember the names of the bombs dropped on Japan?

...Everyone seems to remember the Enola Gay easily enough, I wonder why
Would have been way cooler if they replaced his entire Nintendo gaming collection
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by RU Experienced?

It's okay, I got the joke.
Quote by mental_zer0
It's okay, I got the joke.

Yeah!

All the cool kids and/or sociopath's remember what they hear about atomic bombs
that was some nice gesture... even though its more publicity than anything, i must say that in the end Nintendo did something great for this guy, and it goes beyond the Gameboy and Wii IMO
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by silversoulcage

I skipped the first 3 periods of school for that, had to deal with an extremely packed parking lot, and a long wait...probably the best decision I've made in a while.
*cough*cynicalmarketingploy*cough*
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
*cough*cynicalmarketingploy*cough*

If you think it's a marketing ploy then that makes YOU cynical. It makes NINTENDO pragmatic.
Quote by shoolocomous
If you think it's a marketing ploy then that makes YOU cynical. It makes NINTENDO pragmatic.

It is cynical if they do "a good deed" purely because they know the good publicity will boost their reputation and sales.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
guys, I'm at school and the page is blocked. I don't have internet at home. Would someone mind pm-ing this to me or post it?

Note, if you pm it to me, please make note in thread. I'd hate to get five or six pm's with the same message.
Quote by KevVin

and when that cheeky slut Nurse Joy tells me "We hope to see you again" like, she hopes my pokemon all faint again?
Not. Cool.

Found this amusing:
Quote by Aidy Damage
Oh God... it's back.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Perhaps this is a bit out of the way, but I actually find this joke kind of...fail.

Sony is a Japanese company also, so why wouldn't they receive the same effect?

Oh, and to the guy who got the PS2 and his house burned down the next day, it was probably the PS2 that caused it. That's what Sony stuff does to you. I'm sure their scheme was to burn your house down in a chance that, perhaps, you would receive new merch for your house that was made by Sony.
Quote by RU Experienced?

However Sony are also a Japanese based company, surely they should fall under the same effect hmmmmmm?
Quote by gangsta_rick
HAHA TWO WORDS f*CKING LEGEND

Finally a sig which shows another member praising me.

My work here is done
Quote by RU Experienced?

Good on Nintendo, btw.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Good job nintendo, though its too bad the wii is boring/horrible [ minus wii sports] maybe someday you will release something good for that system!
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by CoreysMonster

and microsoft..

Well, Microsoft and Sony they are both companies.
Too bad their games still suck.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the thing is, this is at a time when there is no problem selling wiis. instead of giving a boy something he doesn't need which he lost in a fire (they could have given him a second hand microwave which would have been more useful), they could have sold the nintendo product and instead given the money to charity. let's face it, this helps market their product(s).
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Page 1 of 2