Ok, so I just started a band about 2 weeks ago and we had out first practice last weekend. I realized that we were struggling for songs to play, either because we didn't wanna play the song, or we didn't know the song. I figured maybe you guys could help out.

We have:
A singer
2 Guitarists
A (5-string) bassist
A drummer

We are all intermediate players.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
u want to do rly easy stuff like
brain stew
dirty deeds
for whom the bell tollz
fight for ur right to part
For Whom The Bell Tolls, and The Trooper were the first two songs my band did and those werent too hard, then we did Master of Puppets which wasnt too hard either, if ur guitarist is good enough to play the solo.
cool thanks guys
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Hah - small world, remove the 5th bass string and I'm in your shoes as well - We all decided to pick 2 songs each, I'll list 'em for you
(This is for a hard rock N' roll band, so it may not apply so much)
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast - Airbourne
Monkey Business - Skid Row
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Black Night - Deep Purple
its' So Easy - Guns N' Roses
Planet Earth - Duran, Duran (Singers' comedy idea)
Bleed The Freak - Alice In Chaines
LA Grange - ZZ Top
(BTF and LA grange since been dropped (In LA's case for a misfits medley), and we've now worked a kings of leon parody in too)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Well tbh you dont need too easy songs if your all on the same wave lenth i mean my bands first two songs were blind man by blackstone cherry which is F'in hard for our vocalist and slither both of which easy songs to play but their songs that your band has to be pretty tight for so what im saying is dont go for like really really easy songs just try what you like.
Quote by Korzack
Hah - small world, remove the 5th bass string and I'm in your shoes as well - We all decided to pick 2 songs each, I'll list 'em for you
(This is for a hard rock N' roll band, so it may not apply so much)
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast - Airbourne
Monkey Business - Skid Row
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Black Night - Deep Purple
its' So Easy - Guns N' Roses
Planet Earth - Duran, Duran (Singers' comedy idea)
Bleed The Freak - Alice In Chaines
LA Grange - ZZ Top
(BTF and LA grange since been dropped (In LA's case for a misfits medley), and we've now worked a kings of leon parody in too)

Thanks, I'll have to send this list to the mates. To the Duran Duran thing, I thought it'd be funny if you were say you'd play one song, you at gig, and then Rick Roll 'em all.

Oh, and I don't know if this helps, but our first attempt at a song was playing Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria. I'd say it went fairly well.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Pretty fly & dirty deeds!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
Hey if you guys want to do an easier song with easier guitar solo's you should play In bloom-Nirvana
i need songs for my new band could anyone plz help

umm see above? Also, this comes up quite often. Maybe search using tags like "band" "songs" "learn" and the like

old Nirvana's good as they had (2) guitars on first album. Whenever i see suggestion requests 2 guitars, i usually go with some Thrice or Hopesfall. Not always the easiest stuff, but rarely is it overly difficult either with some practice. Nofx is easy, fast and fun - pretty much every song has both guitars playing same thing- one open, one palm muted and the odd variance between lead and rythem. Gaurnteed if your not completely new, you will learn 5 songs or more a day with little problem. Singer can be as good or bad as you want. Fat Mikes a pretty decent bassist in the later years so might be your only obstacle if your bass is weak.