Anyone here drift or race cars? Need help choosing a car or parts? Post here!

My starting question is, who here likes to drift or race cars?

Also here is some basic drift information:
Get a RWD car! FWD or 4WD will work but require way more modding and are hard to drift than a RWD car.

The most recommended beginner drift car I think would be the Nissan 240sx.
Another good recommended beginner car is the Mazda RX7 but is sometimes said to be harder to learn how to drift.

Discuss!!
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by enomushiki
I would if I had a ****in car.

Get something cheap. There is a lot of Rear Wheel Drive (RWD or FR) cars for really cheap, like $3000 and under.
I don't drift, I can control my car

lulz
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i can't drive well in my all wheel drive audi....
but i can go fast!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
This one time I was driving down the avenue. And then suddenly I picked up police chatter on my intercom, and then my vision zoomed in a hidden police car and then it chased and then others chased me and then they called in a helicopter and then these SUVs tried to ram into me and then they tried to get me with spike strips
Quote by metaldud536
This one time I was driving down the avenue. And then suddenly I picked up police chatter on my intercom, and then my vision zoomed in a hidden police car and then it chased and then others chased me and then they called in a helicopter and then these SUVs tried to ram into me and then they tried to get me with spike strips

Did you get to the Lambos? Best thing to do in that situation is find a bus station..
Quote by metaldud536

how many stars?!?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I'm currently unemployed, so technically I'm half way to being a "drifter".
Quote by Rogue Hermit
how many stars?!?

He's referring to need for speed: most wanted, you knob.
Quote by metaldud536

funny same thing happened to me. and then i hid my car in an alley for five minutes and the police were gone...
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by enomushiki
I would if I had a ****in car.

this...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Hey Fender_Fever what kind of car do you have?

I got an s14, never tracked it though, only the occassional slinding in the rain lol
Last edited by HaterLover at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by HaterLover
Hey Fender_Fever what kind of car do you have?

I got an s14, never tracked it though, only the occassional slinding in the rain lol

Right now I'm driving a Ford Escape but I have to share it with my family. They said that they would get me a car for my self soon (like within the next 2 months or soo )
Im getting an s13 or s14 (honestly which ever one I can get my hands on) .Then I'll save up for either and good LSD (i can't weld one but its a heck of a lot cheaper to do it) or a set of coilovers.
Quote by ldzppln81
funny same thing happened to me. and then i hid my car in an alley for five minutes and the police were gone...

Hahaha. That was a fun game. I just wished Most Wanted had night settings also.
Quote by irishstang_87
Racing and drifting are NOT the same thing

BTW, if any of you are looking for a realistic game, check out www.lfs.net. It rocks.

I know that. Just trying to get a thread together. I probably though should have just titled it the ONLY drifting thread.
I could, but it was a forward drive so i couldn't keep it going for more than a second or two unlike those mega drifts you see.

And before you guys go poking around saying i'm not 18 yet, yes i did drive without a licence for a year or so. But i never overspeed or anything. I drift in empty grounds. Or atleast try to.

Anyone here care to tell me how the hell you do a donut with a front wheel drive?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by X-Boy
I could, but it was a forward drive so i couldn't keep it going for more than a second or two unlike those mega drifts you see.

And before you guys go poking around saying i'm not 18 yet, yes i did drive without a licence for a year or so. But i never overspeed or anything. I drift in empty grounds. Or atleast try to.

Anyone here care to tell me how the hell you do a donut with a front wheel drive?

Maybe you could find some useful information from this link: http://www.drifting.com/forums/drifting-technique-forum/14094-fwd-overstreering-drifting-dragging.html
Quote by Fender_Fever
Right now I'm driving a Ford Escape but I have to share it with my family. They said that they would get me a car for my self soon (like within the next 2 months or soo )
Im getting an s13 or s14 (honestly which ever one I can get my hands on) .Then I'll save up for either and good LSD (i can't weld one but its a heck of a lot cheaper to do it) or a set of coilovers.

thats cool man, s13s are way cheaper than s14s that way you can save up for other mods.
Coilovers are probably the first thing you want to get, Ive got JIC coilovers on my s14, they are stiff as hell but great around corners.
Welded diff and LSD are about the same thing, but welded cost about 40 bucks, so its your choice....

Are you on zilvia? if not come join their forum, its zilvia.net. You can find a lot of stuff for sale and they will help you if you need questions.
Quote by HaterLover
thats cool man, s13s are way cheaper than s14s that way you can save up for other mods.
Coilovers are probably the first thing you want to get, Ive got JIC coilovers on my s14, they are stiff as hell but great around corners.
Welded diff and LSD are about the same thing, but welded cost about 40 bucks, so its your choice....

Are you on zilvia? if not come join their forum, its zilvia.net. You can find a lot of stuff for sale and they will help you if you need questions.

$40! thats way better than paying close to $1000! But how does it hold up for a daily driver? I'll check out zilvia too.
Quote by Fender_Fever
I know that. Just trying to get a thread together. I probably though should have just titled it the ONLY drifting thread.

Probably. Weekend racers and drifters are two completely separate groups.
Quote by Fender_Fever
$40! thats way better than paying close to $1000! But how does it hold up for a daily driver? I'll check out zilvia too.

I have an open diff right now, but welded is going to wear out your tires more and when you make small turns your rear end is going to jump lol

I was trying to sell my car for a while but Ive decided to keep it,
check out my for sale thread, http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/233305-fs-ft-95-s14-zenki-se.html
Pssh, Go-Carts are cooler.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Gmurcielago14
mm... clementines. Henceforth this thread is about clementines.

This is one internet fad I really wish would just die.

Back on TOPIC....

I drive an RX8. I drift it a lot! ....not on purpose, however. ha. Thank god for stability and traction control.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Some good friends of mine started a drift association in my city, which is actually getting pretty big. They've already had a drift event. A friend of mine has gone to Japan for events and parts (cheaper there). We had a meet up one night and there were like 10 240SX's, because most of them are cheap bastards, haha. They had a story on the news though. They're hardcore about it...and poor me who knows next to nothing about cars is forced to hang out with car freaks every day, so most of the time I'm lost.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i have had 1 240sx,2 300zx,1 280z, and a supra. i either drifted or raced them all at one point or another lol.