I'm looking for speakers that would be good for 80s metal. I do play a good bit of modern metal but I'm looking for more of a classic metal tone.

For those of you who don't know, the Ashdown Fallen Angel is a high gain, British voiced amp. I'm using an Epiphone SG with stock pickups (soon to be replaced with a SD JB/59 combo).
Celestion 65s are awesome for 80s IMO. They sound awesome paired with a good Marshall voiced amp, especially a Soldano.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Maybe Celestion G12T-75's???? The Celestion website says there perfect for 80's Metal. Try the Speaker selector on the Celestion website.
vintage 30s, a lot of people used vintage 30s with their marshalls back in the day. if your amp is british voiced you are in the right direction
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
What kind of 80s metal? Slayer and Metallica Thrash stuff or Motely Crue/Guns n Roses/Van Halen type stuff? Or something else?
Quote by The_Bosstone
What kind of 80s metal? Slayer and Metallica Thrash stuff or Motely Crue/Guns n Roses/Van Halen type stuff? Or something else?

Well the majority of 80's metal is based around the JCM800 so I really didn't think of actually specifying bands lol. I'm looking for Metallica/Slayer/Maiden - actual metal. In my book Crue/GnR/Van Halen are just rock bands - but thats just my opinion lol.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well the majority of 80's metal is based around the JCM800 so I really didn't think of actually specifying bands lol. I'm looking for Metallica/Slayer/Maiden - actual metal. In my book Crue/GnR/Van Halen are just rock bands - but thats just my opinion lol.

Haha thats the way I view it but I know a lot of people consider them the definition of 80's metal.

I would go with either Greenbacks or Vintage 30s.