so pretty much whenever i use my dunlop cry baby by reverb cuts out and my guitar sounds very harsh (for lack of a better word) when my pedal is rolled back it is muffled to the point where you can barely make out individual notes. and when it is pushed forward it is so piercing it is almost painful to listen to. what is going on?
You have a normal Cry Baby. They are all sh it.

Make the switching true bypass (while keeping the buffers in). Then re-index your wah pot of play with the sweep cap to get a more pleasant/musical sweep.
Yeah, the regular cry baby wahs blow

I highly recommend modding it or upgrading to a better wah.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
get a hellbabe wah. 1/2 the price, WAY more controls/features, true bypass.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I have a GCB-95 Crybaby (base model that Dunlop makes, I believe) that I got cheap off eBay for like $35. It was a tone-sucking demon, so I got my first practice in soldering when I installed true bypass.

Still sounds like ass though. Unusable, muddy garbage by my heel and hyper high-pass filter on my toe. Sounds like a bad synth filter.

The more I hear cheap pedals (although $165 stock is not cheap, the pedal is cheaply made), the more I realize the reason they are cheap and why boutique companies can charge what they can. Now I just save up more before buying anything.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Yeah those lower wahs are horrible tone wise.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by f22master
get a hellbabe wah. 1/2 the price, WAY more controls/features, true bypass.

are you fuckin serious..... behringer products are SHIT!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
There are tons of mods that are easy to do to crybaby wahs. And will make a big difference in how it sounds.
get a G labs wah pad or a line selector
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
try either putting it in, or taking it out of your effects chain...it will sound much different. these people are all stupid. i have an original crybaby that i got for $35 on craigslist and it sounds great.
you dont need a crazy expensive wah.
Sounds like you've got a lot of distortion in front of your wah. Either place a compressor after the wah to prevent all the volume changes, use less distortion, play so loud that your eardrums are bleeding no matter what position the wah is at, get used to only being able to use a small part of the sweep of the wah when your distortion is active, mix and match a bunch of Crybaby mods you find on the internet until you find something you like, or put the wah in front of your distortion to reduce the volume changes. I've always thought the Crybaby was best for cleans.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Quote by dbl93100
try either putting it in, or taking it out of your effects chain...it will sound much different. these people are all stupid. i have an original crybaby that i got for $35 on craigslist and it sounds great.
you dont need a crazy expensive wah.

I also have a $35 original Crybaby that I bought off eBay. I've also played nice wahs. Even the 535Q is a big upgrade, and something like a RMC is a gigantic leap. A GCB-95 is a dead sounding, tone-sucking, mediocre pedal.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Original Crybaby sounds like ass.

If you're going to buy a Dunlop, get the CB classic (the $100 one with the Fasel)
To fix your problem, sell the cry baby
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
TS where is this pedal in your chain. If its in your loop it will definatly sound bad it should be in front of your amp