Im joining a band soon and have a problem. The AMp I have is only 100w and we have 2 guitarists tht both use 100w amps.
Will i be ok in practice with only 100?
And if we play anywhere should i mic it up or leave it be and if i mic it will i have enough power?
Your wattage is fine. I don't think mic-ing it is necessary.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
depending on where you gig you should mic it(smaller gigs might not need mic-ing). We had a similar situation in my old band and we mic-ed the bass. Worked out just fine.
I'd say for gigs you might need to mic
but just jamming or practicing, unless the guitarists and drummer are heavily dependent on you
I'd say you're fine
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
hmm. yes my band isnt the most blessed when it comes to amps, but it works fine with one guitarist with a 300 watt, the other with a 100, and me with 100. works perfect for our local gig.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by DrSanitarium
o thts reassuring what sized venues do u play PluckU

im not good with dimensions, but the venue i play, mostly every other friday, is basically a house, with no walls, approx 2900-3100 square feet. back wall of it has a coating that makes sound resonate. semi high rise ceilings.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
You'll probably squeak by at practice but you're going to have to mic if you wanna be heard at a gig.
practice will be fine- if the guitarists and drummer are playing so loud you cant hear 100 watts of bass, then you're gonna damage your hearing without earplugs.

As far as live, depending on the quality of the sound system, you can also run a directline to the PA instead of miking (via a direct box or an xlr out on your amp) to back you up. 100 watts probably won't cut it in a venue.
mattocaster is right, if you can't be heard then you are not playing music you are playing Total Volume Wars. Unless you are going to mic up everyone in the band your job is to match the drummer for which you should have plenty of power.