I believe I previously posted this in the wrong forum... so here it is for the pit

Over the years I have collected several low, to mid quality guitars and I was hoping to trade them in for a higher end guitar... for me high end is around $700. I was wondering what you guys think I will get for my 3 guitars

I have an Epiphone Prophesy Futura FX in near perfect condition
which still sells new for between $650-$800

I have an ESP-LTD F-50, in moderate condition, a few scuffs and dings

and also a Fender GC-12 acoustic in moderate condition with a few dings

This deal will take place at a privately owned guitar shop... not a Guitar Center or something of the like.

Any ideas how much I will get?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
you are right, wrong forum!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
If you go to a guitar shop you probably will not get what you want for them.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
about three fitty.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Devopast
about three fitty.

thats it?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
where did you post this before, i would think that this goes in G G & A.
anyways i would personally trade in the epi and the acoustic, i don't have a thing for ESP i'm just not the fan of the futuras stretched explorer look. but you should get a new amp if you don't have a good one. if you do have one, trade in all three guitars, and get a nice dean (1000+) or a schecter (800+), maybe a jackson if they suite anything you play.

edit sorry should have read more thoroughly (<is that spelled right?) i'm unsure of the esp and acoustic but epis will usually go for less than 1/4 their new sell price used. might be the same for the other two, the esp might be 1/2.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by F8iscruel
where did you post this before, i would think that this goes in G G & A.
anyways i would personally trade in the epi and the acoustic, i don't have a thing for ESP i'm just not the fan of the futuras stretched explorer look. but you should get a new amp if you don't have a good one. if you do have one, trade in all three guitars, and get a nice dean (1000+) or a schecter (800+), maybe a jackson if they suite anything you play.

I put it in the EG forum, and I already have a peavey half stack so I'm pleased with my amp, I just wanted to upgrade to a nicer guitar and was wondering if this would be possible without shelling out much more cash
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
thats it?

/misses joke.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
I put it in the EG forum, and I already have a peavey half stack so I'm pleased with my amp, I just wanted to upgrade to a nicer guitar and was wondering if this would be possible without shelling out much more cash

check my edit. i think i got close to what they go for. try gettign that. or just try to get around 1k for all 3 maybe you'll get lucky
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
check my edit. i think i got close to what they go for. try gettign that. or just try to get around 1k for all 3 maybe you'll get lucky

sounds good to me, thanks for the help
I was looking for something with a neck thru, I hear the Xiphos is pretty decent and was leaning towards that
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
sounds good to me, thanks for the help
I was looking for something with a neck thru, I hear the Xiphos is pretty decent and was leaning towards that

if it has the wizard II neck i myself wouldn't get it incredibly thin neck, but if it has a normal neck i would have one. just the FR system is bad if it is an Edge III, edge pro is good. but then again if you like thin necks get that one, if you have problems with it, try a jackson warrior it is basically the same shape but i don't know anything of them, you may have to either searchbar info on it, or start a thread asking about them.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
if it has the wizard II neck i myself wouldn't get it incredibly thin neck, but if it has a normal neck i would have one. just the FR system is bad if it is an Edge III, edge pro is good. but then again if you like thin necks get that one, if you have problems with it, try a jackson warrior it is basically the same shape but i don't know anything of them, you may have to either searchbar info on it, or start a thread asking about them.

cool, I'm going to checkout what this guy has, because if I'm going to spend the money in house, he would probably give me more, so hopefully he has something I'm into. Again thanks for the help
Total Failure