Page 1 of 2
Since Ze Monsta is busy with work and exams (good luck Ze!), I'm taking the responsibility over the Blues duels.
Please, if you still didn't get your duel or want to participate, post here. I'm going to try to arrange some more duels for the 1st round.
EDIT: Post here also if you already registered for the duels but didn't get your turn to duel.

Guys up for the duels so far:
Necrosis1193
TimBFMV
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 14, 2009,
^ This is what happens when you try to deal with scotch addicts and wifebeaters (AKA bluesmen) .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I think there'll have to be a cut-off point so the duels can go on as it stands. The longer it gets put off then surely more duellers will disappear.
Quote by urik
^ This is what happens when you try to deal with scotch addicts and wifebeaters (AKA bluesmen) .

Don't forget the good old blue collar men

Liek me

And my entry is on teh profile.
Quote by imgooley
Don't forget the good old blue collar men

Liek me

And my entry is on teh profile.

Shht... We take pride in it. Never underestimate a scotch addict !
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik

Word, if it wasn't for me being under age I'd be liquored up all the time :|
Quote by JilaX^
Word, if it wasn't for me being under age I'd be liquored up all the time :|

I don't know whether to or
Can I sign up as an alternate? Like if there ends up being an odd number, I could do one.

And I don't know about all bluesmen, but I sure as hell can't afford scotch. Cheap bourbon whiskey for me.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by imgooley
I don't know whether to or

Neither do I...

Probably the latter.
Quote by slidething31
Can I sign up as an alternate? Like if there ends up being an odd number, I could do one.

And I don't know about all bluesmen, but I sure as hell can't afford scotch. Cheap bourbon whiskey for me.

Sure that's great! You can be with Imgooley! When can you have a track done?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

^ I'll try to get it done in the next 2 days if that's alright. I can probably find some time tommorrow.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I've got Hideaway up on my profile

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
umm, ok, Urik, I may have something for you, I recorded a video of my entry not long before my git-fiddle broke

If I think it's of decent enough quality I'll submit it, if not, I guess I'll have to pull out, I just don't know what else I can record that would be as good

yeah....
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Blues duels? You have garnered my interest. Can I get a bit more of an explanation?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
every one puts in a entry of them improvising over a backing track or it can be a song but the focus has to be on guitar as its like a competition 'who has the best chops' kinda thing, then your matched up with someone and every votes, winners go on losers then get another chance. theres no vocals and you can do covers.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Hmm...well, I have been looking for an excuse to record a cover of Jeff Beck's Cause We Ended As Lovers...just need to find a program other than Audacity since Audacity causes a lag between tracks...any deadline(s)?

Reaper?

Or if you're willing to take the illegal high road, Qbase?
Links to both?

google it...cos i dont know, and it will probably be due within a week cos theres another duel about to go up so you might be after that. but im not in charge so i dont know.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
just saw the PM do i have to do anything more, cos ive already dueled this round...and won.
Feelin the Blues

Sorry I must have sent it by mistake. You don't have to do anything.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Finally got the recording done, though it isn't the best, but eh, most of the good blues I've heard is spur-of-the-moment stuff, so what the hell;

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/necrosis1193/music/all/play541267

I'm not too late, am I?

those who have already participated havent been forgotten have they?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
No don't worry Chea.
Necrosis, that's great. I'm finding you a partner, and now we need two more to make even the number of matches .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

hey guys am I allowed to sign up? The username lies btw.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by TimBFMV
hey guys am I allowed to sign up? The username lies btw.

Sure, welcome .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Hey Guys, My entry is the top one on my profile called "Blues Duels Entry" Or something like that.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I have a new recording for a faceoff against another loser. The track's on my profile, it's called "Blues Jam Entry #2".

When are the losers facing off?
Probably to pair the second round after we end with the losers of the first round.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Sweet, thanx. Mines in my profile if you wanna check it out. It's a cover of Tush by zz top. The tone sounds like **** tho cuz i recorded direct into the computer.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Mmh no sorry Hendrix . We are going to get into the losers duels right now. However, I'll let you know the next time we do a duel.
We should move the conversations to the duels thread. Mod, if you can, please close this thread.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2