So before I decide to build a guitar b/c i cant find one to fit my specs, I wanted to check again to see if there was some guitar that I've missed among my searches.

So essentially what I'm looking for is:

-Some sort of Super Strat or double cut-like body. I wants my upper fret access
-H-H, H-S-H, or H-H configuration.
-Thin neck. My ibby is a little too thin i think so probably something more like a strat.
-Fixed bridge or string through.
-2 volume knobs, 1 or 2 tone (2 would obviously be preferred but 1 will suffice)
-No sunburst finish please, its just one of those thinks i like but it really doesnt fit me as an individual.
-Passive pups.
-No or very little abalone (I dont really like schecters anyways :rolleyes

I play proggish music so things that go from really heavy and metally to really clean and ambient quickly so I need a guitar that can do both well (basically just need to find a good PUP combo for that).

My budget in total i think is like $700ish? maybe like $750 so if I need to do a pickup swap, the guitar would probably need to be like $600ish at most assuming i get like 2 $70 pups.

I feel like I'm missing something but ive been looking for months and cant seem to find something like this, ill gladly provide anymore needed info, thanks guys.

-JWD
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
pretty sure thats called a fat strat..
with a blocked trem..
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I've been checking out the PRS SE customs lately, i can probably add another volume knob to that, yes?

I've heard polar opposite things about them, that they're great or that they suck, that might be a good option?
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
prs has a great rep.. but a minute ago u wanted a strat style.. prs is a les paul style which has poor upper fret access so you are contradicting yourself, sure you have a clue waht you are looking for ? :S

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
ah ok my bad, still similar to lp double cut just a larger double cut

well if you like it and would rather not build a guitar id go to the shop n giver a shot, y not eh

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Actually a lot of PRS are strat styles.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Yeah i mean from the looks it seems okay, the only problem i see now is the absence of separate volume knobs but it looks like there could be enough room to install another.

I was more asking because i hear some people saying that they were incredible, others say the SE series is just a series of overpriced starter guitars which isn't what I'm after haha
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Take this thread to the Guitar Building and Customization thread or whatever, I guarantee the regulars there will be able to help you a lot more.
I'm sure you'd have thought of this, but those specs sound suspiciously like an LTD or an Edwards.

Then again, I'm not that familiar with their prices out of Asia.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
epi g-400, and change the pickups to what you want. much easier than making your own guitar, and cheaper too...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
lol thats true the g-400, funny i didnt think of that considering thats my daily played guitar, yes deffinetly suits his requirements, and its cheap enough to put in high-end pups and still be cheaper than that prs.. although if your gigging it has the worst neck dive known to guitar history.. wish it had the gibson body

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Yeah i'm not a fan of the G-400, i've tried it, really not my thing, with the exception of a couple explorers ive tried and one or two LP's, most gibson/epiphone stuff isnt really my thing, what's the website for edwards guitars?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
actually, Paul Red Smith's goal was the build a better gibson, there was actually a lawsuit shortly after he started making guitars concerning the shape of his SC's.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=519370
that is totally a les paul style guitar, but with some features that are better than a les paul, also, les paul style guitars don't have poor upper fret access, it just isn't butter at frets 19 and 20.

Also, the EPI G-400 is a pretty nice guitar for the money, the pickups and electronics just blow big time.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.