MXR compressor,

Digitech Whammy,

Boss Super Distortion,

Line6 DL4,

Boss Flanger,

Boss Super Chorus,

Boss Chromatic Tuner,

I just cant seem to get the sound right for gigging,
it ends up sounding too muddy a lot of the time but in my bedroom everything sounds great,

I also am in desperate need of a DECENT distorted sound,

Ive gone through many and they all sound ****e with my set up,

Firstly, whats the best order for my pedals and also do i run it through my FX loop?!

i have only recently bought my Laney (second hand for 350 off ebay, yes boysss)

so am unfirmiliar with what an FX loop actually does?!

So to sum up,

can anyone help me with :

decent distorted sound,
pedal board order,
and do i need to use my FX loop?

Thankyouuuu!

please help me out if you are knowledgable about this kinda stuff,

Jako
x

p.s i also sometimes use a wireless but it makes it sound muddy and ****,
its not even a cheap one but im not happy with it, ditch it or buy a more expensive one?
yeah it just seems to be my pedal board set up.

when playing with the band and turning up louder it just seems to lose its punch
Quote by jako92

when playing with the band and turning up louder it just seems to lose its punch

Boost your mids for more punch.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by jako92

Well if you said yes to cutting your mids, I think you did. Mid is where a lot of your volume comes from. Try boosting your mids a little first before you get into crazy stuff. I seriously think that's your volume problem.

An FX loop is simply for running effects. But instead of guitar>effects>amp, the guitar just goes straight to the amp and then the effects are separate.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
im suprised you are playing shows, yet you dont seem to be able to get a nice sound?!

anyway, throw away the laney because they are terrible... that would be the main problem, I would go for a versatile amp such as a Marshall, even a 40watt all tube combo will be plently, try JCM2000 DSL401

for your pedals, run them through FX loop input in your amp... with the compressor at the end of the loop...ie compressor into the amp.

with a decent distortion using a Laney you arent going to ever get a good one. but if your going to keep the amp, turn the gain 3/4 up, and then make sure the master volume is always higher than the channel volume, especially for a tight rythm sound- use the bridge pickup only. if you want lead distortion use a neck pickup and turn your channel volume higher and decrease the master volume to the same level. but i would change amp, you shouldnt ever need a distortion pedal.......

good luck.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Well if you said yes to cutting your mids, I think you did. Mid is where a lot of your volume comes from. Try boosting your mids a little first before you get into crazy stuff. I seriously think that's your volume problem.

An FX loop is simply for running effects. But instead of guitar>effects>amp, the guitar just goes straight to the amp and then the effects are separate.

Yeah boost your mids cause when your playing with a band the drums and bass occupy the lows and the singer usually occupies the highs so you need your mids to cut through the mix and sound good.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor