hi, i can play and learn anything someone else makes. but i cannot for the life of me make my own. please help me. it seems like anything i make i hate it but the simplest riff from someone else i like. WTf is that? Im trying out for a band 1000 miles away and i dont want to go all that way and not be able to structure my ideas together! plz help! anyone have tips to get over my selfhatingmusic or whatever the fookk it is.
Do you think your stuff isn't good enough, like not complicated enough to be good?
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
You're your own worst critic, it's probably not as bad as you think it is. But as far as getting better, there are no simple tricks, it takes a lot of work and practice. Just keep writing, write as much matterial as you can (like anything else you'll get better over time) and don't throw any of it out, even if you don't think it's that great cause once you get a whole band in there jamming on that one riff you thought was crap it may end up being your bands best song.
sounds like a confidence issue, u gotta get some peoples opinions on the **** ur making, see wat u are doing wrong and wat u are doing right and work from there
well i can write some complex stuff. ihave been in bands where the other guitarist said to make some easier stuff. but even if it is actually good. i dont think so. and when i do write a badasse riff that iactualy like i have trouble turning that riff into a song. the band i'm trying out for wants meto learn some of their old stuff (no problem, i can play almost anything already made) and come fully prepaired with my own fully structured songs. BTW it is "death metal" band RaWr
lay down that open E, B, C or whatever the devil the kids are doing these days in death metal, with their box socials and such.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Go ask this in the Techniques subforum, not here.

Thanks.

*reported*

EDIT: and read the forum rules ladies and gents.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Feb 4, 2009,
well sorry, since this is songwriting thred and i needed help songwriting i though this is where i would get the most help. and i didnt see the "sup"ones so sorry.
Last edited by rightyguitarha at Feb 4, 2009,