vanhailin
Very Sexy
231 IQ
The New York Dolls are an amazing band that are over looked by many people for no reason. they are great! they pretty much invented punk rock but the stupid velvet underground is considered the one who created that sound. The dolls should be in the rock n roll hall of fame!
\m/Angus\m/
UG Senior Member
636 IQ
And you made a thread just to say that? I think anyone who knows anything about rock music knows this.
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,513 IQ
Yeah, One of the original NY punk bands but pretty gay.
metalfan#3
Canadian Beauty
420 IQ
The 'stupid Velvet Underground' are considered to have laid the basics for the punk rock sound because they were around a good few years before the Dolls. Both bands contributed something to the development.

Please don't call VU stupid, in my opinion they're a great band .

I saw a YT video of a Dolls song once, I didn't like it too much. Any songs that you guys can recommend who are more knowledgeable than I?
vanhailin
Very Sexy
231 IQ
personality crisis, jet boy and lone star queen are all great dolls songs

and VU may have wrote punkish lyrics but how is a violin punk?????
metalfan#3
Canadian Beauty
420 IQ
Quote by vanhailin
personality crisis, jet boy and lone star queen are all great dolls songs

and VU may have wrote punkish lyrics but how is a violin punk?????

Any instrument can be 'punk', it depends on the way you play it. How can bagpipes be punk? Easy, listen to the Murphys.

They were 'punkish' because they were heavy for their time, they were in touch with dissonance, did some 3 chord songs and had the punk mentality towards everything. They were simple songs, but they were great and 'punkish' because of the content and attitude towards them.
andregomes
11 IQ
I saw them live two years ago in Paredes de Coura and I liked it, although the vocalist was a bit weird...
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
Quote by vanhailin
they pretty much invented punk rock but the stupid velvet underground is considered the one who created that sound. The dolls should be in the rock n roll hall of fame!

Umm... dude... Iggy Pop.
Hey, I'm Mike.
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
The Dolls are great. Aerosmith pretty much ripped them off completely though.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
I love the New York Dolls. They were a huge inspiration to punk as well as the whole hair metal deal. Twisted Sister anyone? Total copy of the Dolls. Johnny Thunders is great. I used to think Mick Jagger was their vocalist. David looks just like him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8-CBXfzhE
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
I imagine Choo Choo from Top Cat singing this, with the rest of the gang in the band aswell.

Maybe Dibble could come in at the end, break it all up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bA6pjrEg_E

I know it's kind of ironic, a cartoon cat singing about being a human being but, thems the breaks.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.