So I was thinking about modding my MIM Fender Tele I got for Christmas. I had the idea of putting Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge , and replacing the pickguard with a 3ply black one. Yes I've heard the hot rails and I'm sure I want it. I mostly play punk, ska, and metal

The pickguard shouldn't be too hard, but I have never replaced a pickup in my life. How would I go about doing it? What tools will I need? How long should it take?

Here's a pic of it as it is now:

Another idea that me and a friend were throwing around is installing a Floyd Rose trem on my Tele. Good idea or bad idea? Is it even possible?
?!
all of that is possible and go to seymour duncan website they have a tutorial on how to install. and a trem on a tele...there would be alot of routing involved but hey anything is possible.
A black pickguard is a must, sir...

Good luck on the pickups. They are failry easy to install.

I recommend GFS pickups as i have a few and are great for the little money you have to pay...

http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html
Last edited by customisbetter at Feb 4, 2009,
Yeah, there would be quite a bit of routing involved, you'd need to go all the way through the body and then do the recess and stuff... A regular two-point of vintage tremolo or Bigsby would be much easier, though not as "metal friendly"
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Quote by Coolcat13
Yeah, there would be quite a bit of routing involved, you'd need to go all the way through the body and then do the recess and stuff... A regular two-point of vintage tremolo or Bigsby would be much easier, though not as "metal friendly"

To be honest the FR idea was thrown around, but it really isn't necessary. If i really want a trem that bad on my tele I would probably go for a Bigsby.
?!
but bigsbys give you such limited movement. if you wanted an FR you could go with one of the super short blocks. 32' arent that hard to find, although i have seen some 30's out there. i think it would make it SUPER unique. ive never seen a fender tele with an FR...
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
but bigsbys give you such limited movement. if you wanted an FR you could go with one of the super short blocks. 32' arent that hard to find, although i have seen some 30's out there. i think it would make it SUPER unique. ive never seen a fender tele with an FR...

Mainly because there's no need, Tele's weren't built for FR, and the players for the most part don't use/need them. A bigsby would be a much better choice, for one it's a bigsby, for two there's no routing.
you cant put a bigsby brand bigsby on a tele though. its bad luck. you have to find a fender brand one. (idk why, but i did hear this somewhere)

if you intend to replace the bridge pickup, why not replace the neck pup too?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking