Anyone out there in the same position as me (I'm working to get my major in math with a minor in music (theory, to be precise). Even I myself consider it somewhat of an oddity, but thought I'd ask out of curiosity.
Hmm, a major in math and a minor in music theory. What do you plan on doing after you graduate?
Well im an mechanical engineer that dables in music theory... its so much worse than a math major
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
I'm currently getting my Complete Masters in music.
16 years to go, Hoo.

Quote by Brownie2
What exactly are you planning to do with a degree in Math?

Oh I don't know, Accountant, Math Teacher.
Math + Music Teacher.

Use your imagination.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I'm planning on going all the way to get my doctorate in Math, becoming a college professor, and as far as the Music Theory, it's mainly out of interest, and the most I would actually do with it is possibly give lessons or something along those lines.
I just want a minor in music because I love music. The Math major is for my career. I plan on being a Marketing Agent for some firm or something....
Quote by bologna121121
I'm planning on going all the way to get my doctorate in Math, becoming a college professor, and as far as the Music Theory, it's mainly out of interest, and the most I would actually do with it is possibly give lessons or something along those lines.

More power to you. I could never do a major in math, let alone get a doctorate.
It sounds like something I might like, but not actually do. Are you going to try to apply complex mathematical concepts to music? My dad has been trying to convince me to do something like that for a little while.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by ZAxel
It sounds like something I might like, but not actually do. Are you going to try to apply complex mathematical concepts to music? My dad has been trying to convince me to do something like that for a little while.

That would be really cool..if it's possible I'd be for it.