Page 1 of 2
I had a 486 I got in about '93. The Guy who built it for me thought I was crazy to want 8 meg of ram (8 one megs in 8 slots) "What the hell do you need so much ram for? One meg will be all you ever need" he said. Anyways I was doing graphics (remember photoshop 2.0? It was hell...no layers till photoshop 5). I got the 8 meg and a external CD and 250 meg hard drive. It was the fastest around, but cost me almost $6,000. I also put a $600 Roland Sound canvas sound card and ran Cakewalk midi in DOS. My friend got a comparable Mac for his design studio but paid close to $20,000.
What about you?
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 4, 2009,
I got my parents first computer. It was some old Windows 95 or something.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Pfft - my first was a 286 back in 96 or so and I also had a dot matrix printer that took fooooreeeeveeeer to print anyhting. I also remeber playing Prince of Persia and some racing game on it. Good times.
My mum had an old DOS thing back when she was at uni (she went in her 30's).

This is the 1st actual computer I owned, which is a home build.
A Compaq Presario Windows 98.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Windows 95, it mostly had extremely old games and ****.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
My first computer was in like 96 I think, It had windows 95, 1gig HDD and thats all I remember. It cost about $600
Concerts
All Points West - August 1st
Krockathon 14 - August 8th
It's pretty funny to think that 8meg and 56meg of RAM were at one time considered loads, and a mere 15 years later 8meg of RAM is barely enough to run rocketdock alone.
A $1K Win98 eMachines eTower we got from a friend from church who worked in a company I think called handtech. It had 4 Gbs of HD. Good times, I miss the old days. Does anyone think computers today feel too advanced?
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
A $1K Win98 eMachines eTower we got from a friend from church who worked in a company I think called handtech. It had 4 Gbs of HD. Good times, I miss the old days. Does anyone think computers today feel too advanced?

Not really, the faster the better. I have 3 gig ram now in my imac, in another 10 years I will be laughing at how little ram I had.
1994 Gateway 2000 P.o.S. that was only good for mspaint and sim city on a 5inch floppy
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
i don't know exactly what model it was. i know it was a Packard-Bell and we got it in like 1996 or 1997. it had Windows 95. other than that, i don't remember much about it.
My first computer ran Windows 3.1. I remember playing Test Drive and some other random games with the old huge floppy disks.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by niflag
1994 Gateway 2000 P.o.S. that was only good for mspaint and sim city on a 5inch floppy

I remember those. Sounds a bit rude now.
I don't remember the model, but it had a 1.3gb hard drive and 64 or 128mb of ram. I was able to play half-life on it. (I found a bunch of scrap parts and made a frankenputer)
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
dell optiplex running NT. it ran out of virtual memory one day, and i didn't know what to do. ha.
now i'm running xp on a self-built machine. it has neon.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
Homebuild with '95, back when I can barely remember. I dunno if my dad bought the parts, or if he got them for free/cheap from his work. He works in the Uni of Chicago running the servers and ****, so whenever they upgrade their computers, he usually gets to take parts.
An Acorn computer, back in '83. Had to upload games using a tape-recorder...now that ages me big time!!!!
"We've all been someones ammo at some point in our life..."

someones ammo ... my band.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
Some random IBM running Windows 3.0. I used it to play games like Crystal Caves, Word Rescue, Jill of the Jungle, Hugo's House of Horrors, etc.

I now have a Dell Dimension 4700 which I literally JUST upgraded to 2G of RAM.

(and I have all of those old games downloaded! )
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Raybone31
An Acorn computer, back in '83. Had to upload games using a tape-recorder...now that ages me big time!!!!

Wow. Tape storage haha.
an old mac
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
An old Packard Bell back in 95'ish
I used to play doom on it all the time.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Alright, i remember (in my very early childhood) my dad's old commodore 64. The computer that I actually played a lot on was the gateway we bought, that had DOS on it. It had Cosmo, Crystal Caves, Where in the world is carmen sandiego, world of fortune, this one mars game, just like a crapload of awesome games. It even had a 'turbo' button it, that I guess went faster if you pushed it?

Anyway, it was cool because I got to learn the dos commands. dir, cd.., cp *.* and all that good stuff, i dont remember like half of it.

Then we got the Windows 95 computer... We got hooked up to the internet, and I thought, what is this internet anyway?.... Then we got a Windows 98, which was ruined in a lightning storm. In 2000, we got a gateway with XP on it, with Sims, and everybody was like .. wow look how real the sims look!

And now, I'm using Windows 7 Beta 64 bit on my own 4800+ AMD with 4 gbs of memory and a 8800gt. And I'm using a 22" widescreen lcd. And it cost less than $1000.
Quote by Tempoe
Wow. Tape storage haha.

Only worked half of the time. Games would take up to 20 minutes to load...and were talking stickmen type of graphics...but at the time no one else had one...I thought it was cool lol
"We've all been someones ammo at some point in our life..."

someones ammo ... my band.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
The first one I really used was a Compaq (don't know which model) with Windows 95.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
All I remeber from our first computer was that it had old 16-bit SkiFree.

I missed that game so much I downloaded the 32-bit one the dude made =D. I still love that abominable Snowman =\

MY first computer is the one I'm on now. Well, it's a lappy. o.O
eMarried on UG to Brodie337 31/3/2009
I love you =]

Originally posted by Jabman

The proper way to clean up ROFL is to grab a bucket full of STFU and splash it around the area. If any ROFL is left, use a bit of GTFO, that should do the trick.
My parents bought me my first computer in 1990.

Unitron 286, 20mb hdd, 2mb ram and it had a turbo button. It ran DOS 3.0 and XtreePro. Then I upgraded to Windows 1.0 (the yellow version). Favourite game was Golden Axe.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
My family had a Windows 3.1 pc for a bit with some quality old school games. Then we upgraded it to 95 which we had for ages. Then finally to Xp in 2003.
Windows 3.11

It had Chip's Challenge, Wacky Wheels, Rise Of The Triad, Rattler Revenge, Skifree, and a Lion King game that I remember.

I loved those games

Edit: The Adventures of MicroMan! That was the one I couldn't remember.

I sucked at that.
Last edited by Minkaro at Feb 5, 2009,
My first was an Amiga.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
beat you all! bbc micro with 32k memory.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's pretty funny to think that 8meg and 56meg of RAM were at one time considered loads, and a mere 15 years later 8meg of RAM is barely enough to run rocketdock alone.

Even wierder to consider that in a few years time, 8 gig will be underpowered
Page 1 of 2