I used to use 9's and 10's, but have now taken a liking to the 11's. I tried the 11's because the 9's and 10's were too skinny and sounded plinky. But I dont like 11's.

See, I like the feel and presence of 11's, but I have to press down harder. I tried the 11's for a few months, thinking I'd learn to press harder and thus increase my finger-strength, but it didnt happen.

So, since they dont make 10 and halfs, what should I do?
ever try skinny top heavy bottoms ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
well do you like the WHOLE line of 11's or 10's or just certain strings from the set
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Well, heretic-clown, I like the .11's (all of them), except having to press down harder distracts me from making sure of what I'm playing.

All the .10's were too plinky.

I have .10's on now, I switched back to be sure of which I like more, but I like the .11's better. Maybe use the .10's til they wear out and then switch back to .11's but this time lower the action maybe? or are .11's higher action by nature?
well you should be able to set the action how you want it to be, i run 11s on my ibanez, it even has a floyd and i keep the action low on it. try lowering the action next time, If you have a floyd and when you tune to standard using 11,s you might want to add an extra spring to it. its what i did so that my trem wouldnt be way up in the air.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
if you are chaging gagues a set up could be great
cause 11 pull the neck more than 09s or 10s
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Well, when they changed the strings (I can do it myself, but it takes a while and I dont patience), they did a set-up. But the action could be tweaked more than what they tweaked it, probably.

Also its a trapeze tail-piece, not a trem.
well like litus said try a set up and have them lower the action to your likeing.
Well, I like to have .11's on, they sound great and feel great too. Your fingers will develop more muscle strength and will eventually play a set .11's with ease.

If not, try Skinny top, heavy bottom.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Well wolfy, I'm going try hereticclown's idea, and if not then I'l try skinny top heavy bottom.
In fact, I know a few girls with skinny tops and heavy bottoms...LOL

QUICK! Somebody sig that!!!
Play an acoustic. You'll get used to the tighter tension.