I just stumbled along this video on youtube and was wondering what guitar this is and any good guesses as to what pickups also, because ive been looking for a strat like guitar with 2 humbuckers for a while now and this guitar just has the exact tone im after! i realise there is a slight reverb/chorus in the background but this guitar sounds sweet. my guess is a modified strat with di marzio's ?

thanks for the help, heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohZatFxXFQ&feature=rec-HM-rev-rn
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
I believe it is more a question of which amp he's using than which guitar. Either way, I have no clue
Quote by Mosho2
I believe it is more a question of which amp he's using than which guitar. Either way, I have no clue
Haha yea, most beginner guitarists seem to think the guitar makes up all of the tone when it really is only 5-10% of your sound. It's mostly in the amp and effects.
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
yeah its the amp. dnt get me wrong tho those hhs strats are ****ing sick machines. well depending on what music you wanna play
Quote by mitch311
Haha yea, most beginner guitarists seem to think the guitar makes up all of the tone when it really is only 5-10% of your sound. It's mostly in the amp and effects.

it is mostly the amp that makes the natural tone, but it's how you do the finger magic that makes the real difference! And the guitar plays a pretty big role in that! most guitarists in general seem to forget about that
Quote by mitch311

Not really, try playing metal with a strat single coil neck pickup. It is about your type of pickups (single or humbucker) and your amp that give you your tone.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Feb 5, 2009,
^ You mean type of Pickups, single or humbuckers.

And if you played an SSS strat through a high-gain amp, you could easily play metal.

Through a low-gain amp, you couldn't. And with a guitar loaded with high output humbuckers, you wouldn't get a high-gain crunch from a low-gain amp.
its a Fender, ESP, Squier or Dean

and they look like maybe dimarzio or just some stock humbuckers.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ