so. i narrowed it down between two guitars. the kirk hammett signature esp ltd kh202 and the ibanez RG350MDX guitar. it says the the kirk guitar comes out of tune really easy and is about 469 bux. the ibanez, everyone says its one of the best guitars theyve ever played. im just hoping im doin the right thing. the ibanez is also like 70 bux cheaper and its gorgeous lol. please help
There is a huge difference between low end and high end ibanez. I've only owned prestiges but I've heard good things about the budget ibanez models, so yeah I'd say you've made the right choice
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
you are definitely making the right choice. ESP makes some great guitars but none of the 200 series are worth it. I've played that Ibanez its a good axe... you will be pleased with your decision, but make sure you play it first though... get one that feels right
And plus if you brought the Ibanez, you wouldn't really have to deal with people telling you your a "Kirk wanna be" or something.
i cant play it first its from musiciansfriend. i wish i could. but i think il like it ya no? take what i can get ne ways
Whatever you do, don't get an ibanez with an Ibanez floyd rose, they are the worst quality availiable
if you have a guitar center anywhere within an hour of where you live I would recommend going there, but if not I'm sure it will be fine anyways, might need a set up to get it running smooth though
this has a whammy bar but not a floyd rose. i kinda like that cuz restringing those things can be a pain in the ass for sure
get one of the ibanezs that look like an sg those are bad ass they look amazing and sound like a beast hope it helps
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
yeah but i got a sg already i wanted to step away from it a lil and explore some other stuff
Why would you pick an Ibanez guitar with an Edge III?
this has a whammy bar but not a floyd rose. i kinda like that cuz restringing those things can be a pain in the ass for sure

It does have a licensed floyd rose (LFR), and one of the worst ones at that. And yes, you restring it the same way you string an original floyd rose.

Still, that's not the hassle. You can get used to restringing it. The problems will come in about a year when your trem breaks.
A lot of people say Edge III's are good if set up properly. Then after a year, the cheap metal kicks in and its ruined.
Don't limit yourself to Ibanez
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by SGSquierMan
**** seriously? youd rather have the kirk hammett?

I didn't say that. There are more than 2 guitars at that price in the world.

Quote by Brownie2
A lot of people say Edge III's are good if set up properly. Then after a year, the cheap metal kicks in and its ruined.

They're fairly pleasant to use while they last, as good as any LFR, but yeah they're not very good quality.

Quote by bucketmark
Don't limit yourself to Ibanez

Good advice there ^.

If you can go to $500, you can get an Ibanez S320, which has a very good trem.

Also look into the Schecter Damien Series, they have some for about $400.
cant go five hundred. not quite yet. i dnt really like those schecter guitars.. i really have no room to talk but i never heard of em before i started writing with this site. so idk.
Quote by SGSquierMan
cant go five hundred. not quite yet. i dnt really like those schecter guitars.. i really have no room to talk but i never heard of em before i started writing with this site. so idk.
Save some more money. You'll appreciate your guitar a lot more when you finally do get it
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day