I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a Gibson Les Paul Custom seeeing has its like my ultimate guitar but like where I'm from, only got like 2 guitar shops and I go in them quite often and they never have any Gibsons in at all. Actually when I brought my Epiphone Les Paul from there, which I've now sold because it was total rubbish. Turns out it was a fake. So since I will probably have to use the internet, is the custom worth the price and just how well do they play?
They play amazing. (I used to work in a guitar shop) But for the money, you may want to go online. I personally play an Epi Les Paul Custom (NOT A FAKE : ) ) And i love it. I had it set up by a real pro and dropped some nice duncans into it, and it STILL came out to less than what even a studio LP runs for. If your set on a gibson though, save your pennies or maybe look into a used one in your area or on ebay or something.
Personally I don't think the custom is worth it, I GREATLY prefer a classic with the 60s neck, but before you drop that kind of cash you need to play it, if you can, make the effort to get out and play one... that said you won't be even remotely close to disappointed with a custom les pauls are the best hands down IMO
I'm looking into a used one at moment but only trouble is I've not had the best luck with used guitars. And yeah, I'am set on a Gibson, just always been a dream to own one lol Thanks for replying though, just wanted to know if they would be worth the money.
Quote by guitar0ne
Personally I don't think the custom is worth it, I GREATLY prefer a classic with the 60s neck, but before you drop that kind of cash you need to play it, if you can, make the effort to get out and play one... that said you won't be even remotely close to disappointed with a custom les pauls are the best hands down IMO

Well I live in Gloucester, guitar shops around me don't really get Gibsons, if they do they are usually second hand so I dunno if I can try one before I buy. Then again if someone knew where a shop close to me sells Gibson guitars then I would travel to see what they have in.
Well no gibson (or epiphone) is really worth the money in my opinion. Its just a name your paying for. But if your heart is on it and you want it that bad, and you can afford it, DO IT! I highly doubt you will be disappointed. GET A FIREBURST!
Thats probably the only doubt in my mind is that no guitar is worth that amount of money but yet, I want a guitar that will see me through alot of years and still sound great so I kinda suppose you will have to pay abit for that anyway. Plus shows I've been to where people have used Gibson Les Pauls have just sounded amazing. Just gotta love that sound haha
Quote by Stuart90
Well I live in Gloucester, guitar shops around me don't really get Gibsons, if they do they are usually second hand so I dunno if I can try one before I buy. Then again if someone knew where a shop close to me sells Gibson guitars then I would travel to see what they have in.

Here is a start!

http://www.musicalinstrumentsales.co.uk/gitshops.html

I only did like 2 searches, and i found something in the 2 hour range. Gotta be something out there!
Last edited by labria86 at Feb 5, 2009,
epiphone les paul standard is a fine instrument. drop some better pups in and its good to go.
Thank you please.
Thats like buying an LTD and saying its an ESP, sure it is 'kinda' but its not the real deal?

Gibson Customs look hot as ****, i'd try and find a place that sells both epiphone and gibsons, and just ask to play both... im sure you'd be able to tell the difference (i went with a gibby les paul studio)
LTD, Epiphones, are alright but I want something that will turn heads and just sound amazing. Even though there are some very nice Epiphones but I doubt it will last as long or sound has good as a Gibson. Probably sound close but not the real thing. Plus whilst writing songs, I just want that heavy sound that Gibsons give and I'am also wanting to start upgrading my equipment.