What squier guitars are good? I am looking to upgrade to a Squier fat strat. I saw one that was HSS, maple neck and flamed maple top. It looked perfect for me for $550 AUD. Is it much of an upgrade? I cannot get a mexican fat strat because they are $1000.

Are the Squier Vintage Modified Strats even any good?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
nah, a squier fatty isn't an upgrade, I've never tried any other squier strats bar the shitty affinity series and an se100...go for that G-400 you wanted.

anyways...my mim fat strat is on egay for $500, but it's local pickup.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I *adore* my squire. it was my first guitar 5 years ago and it's still one of my favorites , but then again mine was kind of a fluke. I have the 20th anniversary Squire affinity HSS , but it's got an amazingly well set action, not done by myself (someone at the music store set it up before we bought it). the soudn won't touch my Gibson V now, but it's still a damn good guitar for the 200 bucks i paid, and with a new pickup in the bridge?

Anyway, for that kinda price i'd buy a regular fender strat. stay away from Squires unless you're paying about 200 tops for one, anything else is overpriced.
The classic vibe series is pretty bad ass if you ask me.I played the 50's strat in that series and it honestly felt better than some of the MIM fenders I've played.Swap out the pups and maybe upgrade the tuners and you'd have a solid workhorse with a lot of versatility on tap.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I've heard the Bullet series is good, but I've never played one.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
MY friend has a squire standard fat strat its pretty nice. 180GBP.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Vintage Modified and Classic Vibes seem to be compared to MIMs a lot, and some people claim they're even better.

If you find a good one from the Affinity, Standard or Bullet lines, those can be great too. Just test out some at the store, you'd be surprised how nice some are.

Don't believe the haters saying Squiers are ****. Try some out on your own. I got a Bullet and Standard Tele that are nice playing guitars.
Quote by I_Fij
Anyway, for that kinda price i'd buy a regular fender strat. stay away from Squires unless you're paying about 200 tops for one, anything else is overpriced.

Well for a MiM strat it is $1000 here and a MiA is about $3000.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
Well for a MiM strat it is $1000 here and a MiA is about $3000.

Sweet Christ those Aussie prices are ridiculous

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

You can also get vintage MiA strats for about $40,000.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
You can also get vintage MiA strats for about $40,000.

Yeah,I could also put a down payment on a new house with that kind of cash

Some of the Squier models can be pretty good, but for the love of god don't touch those Vintage Modified Stratocasters. I had one and it was diabolically bad.

On the flip side I tried out a friend's Squier Classic Vibe Strat recently and it was fantastic, considering the price. I know a second person who also uses it for gigs, stock, without modifications, and a third person who uses the CV Telecaster for gigging too, again without any modifications.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Some of the Squier models can be pretty good, but for the love of god don't touch those Vintage Modified Stratocasters. I had one and it was diabolically bad.

You had one bad one so that makes the entire series bad?
Well after living with a ****ty guitar I wasn't about to go out and buy four more of the same model was I?

But for the record yes, I had one and it was utter crap. On top of that U-G is in fact the only place I have ever seen anyone praise the VM series, and every time it seems to be people who don't own 'em.

On the other hand the Classic Vibes, which cost no more than the VM's (in fact are cheaper in some place) are fantastic guitars. So why bother touching any of the others?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Aren't all Squiers HSH routed? If so, you could just throw a humbucker in your current Squier for much cheaper than a whole new guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Aren't all Squiers HSH routed? If so, you could just throw a humbucker in your current Squier for much cheaper than a whole new guitar.

yes any of them made since the 90`s are routed already for h/s/h. all you need to do is make the cuts to your pickguard. a couple decent pickups would do wonders for his guitar . i picked up a squire start for 50 usd and was gonna give it to my son after i changed the pickups to h/s/h but the guitar felt good and sounded great so i kept it for myself .