ive begun to notice that these newer bands coming out, have pretty much like 95% rhythm guitar. Where have the guitar solos gone?! i like some of the new bands, no diss on them but are we going back intime to like early rock with no solos and crap. its seriously disturbing me. I wanna hear rippin solos for the modern age!!!
"Could I have egg, sausage, chips and beans, and a tea." - Nick Mason
songs don't need to have solos to be awesome.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
that is very true, im just wondering why they r declining!
i dont know ive wondered the same thing.....thats why i dont care for newer music....improvisations are hiding under rocks nowadays.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
i dont know ive wondered the same thing.....thats why i dont care for newer music....improvisations are hiding under rocks nowadays.

We need to spearhead a jazz-fusion revival.

To TS: a solo (guitar/bass/drum/keyboard/whatever) needs to add something to a song. The majority of modern bands (and countless older bands) that do have solos seem to just stick one in there to keep up with the traditional verse/chorus/verse/chorus/solo/verse/chorus format. Solos that are only used for this reason do nothing for me. In my opinion, it's better to have no solo than some generic pentatonic wa nkery.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Dude, ever since Grunge and Nu-Metal came out, solos are on the heavy decline.

Thank god for Prog-rock and Metalcore, because otherwise they would be extinct nowadays.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
well, its the indy takeover thats clouding up the music scene with its lack of solos. Mostly the english bands with their ****ty throat cancer style voices which dont have solos. But Black Tide just released their new album with like a kerjillion solos on it so maybes theres hope for our generation...
this is all good opinions! and yes, we should spearhead a jazz-fusion revival