i am using guitar rig 3 and am having problems with noise, there seems to be a constantly changing low level noise which is exaggerated greatly by any form of distortion. The noise reduction works well but has to be used quite aggressively causing problems with the sustain. My setup is mim standard strat into a guitarport into a small soundcraft mixer into an mbox 01 and everything is plugged into a powered usb 2 hub (which seems to have cut out some noise). I have 2 large CRT monitors which arent ideal but i switch them off when recording which gets rid of the pick up hum. I thought about buying noiseless pickups but i dont think that is the main source of noise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Spaceman3
My setup is mim standard strat into a guitarport into a small soundcraft mixer into an mbox 01 and everything is plugged into a powered usb 2 hub (which seems to have cut out some noise).

Why don't you try going straight into the Mbox?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
It is inconvenient as i have also have a couple of mics and a synth connected to the mixer , but i have tried that and the noise problem is the same.