This is a topic directed to DL8 owners. Please help me out.

I have two big problems:

1) When I run it with batteries, the batteries die after 5 h of playing, which is a very short time! What about yours?

2) Also, when I play with the DL8 plugged into a socket, then the only mode available is the Looper (no matter how many times I change the delay mode or anything I try). Plus it even makes this weird "hissing" sound when it's plugged in!

It's getting very annoying, cause it's a great pedal (you can tell when you are using the batteries and they don't die), but it's making me crazy. I'm gonna give it back to Thomann, and if you guys tell me it was just mine, I'm gonna get a new one. If not, I might get the Boss one.

Thanks!
do you unplug the pedal after you are done with playing?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Hardwire pedals eat batteries, especially the digital modulation effects. My CR-7 lasts about 2 hours on batteries, so I bought a 5A power supply from maplin.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Yeah, my DL-8 also eats batteries for breakfast. The DL8 manual specifies a power consumption of 65mA. Thats not an awful lot, but it is more than your average distortion pedal, etc. I only got a few hours of battery life on mine, though.

I am currently running it using my Visual Sound 1Spot adapter which I would definitely recommend.

It is possible that there is something wrong with the power adapter that you're using. What is it?
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
by the way: 0.3A = 300mA

Check that polarity is correct - needs to be negative inner (i.e. the inside of the connector is - and the outer part of the connector is +)

Are these cheap, run of the mill adapters? If yes, they might introduce some noise, but they should work. Maybe try to take the pedal in to the store and try it with some proper, filtered power supplies, like the Dunlop DC brick, Visual sound 1spot, etc. If it still has this problem in the store, then return the pedal.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
PLus there is another problem.

When i connect it to my mate's PA, either I put it at maximum volume or I get no sound response from the speakers..

But what most worries me is that I can't use delay when it's plugged in...

I can only use the looper. Why does this happen..? aw..
Last edited by Deagle-Eyes at Feb 5, 2009,
crap

I bought this pedal recently and am having the same problem!
so, Deagle-Eyes
could you fix this?
did you return the pedal?

the problem is:
"when I play with the DL8 plugged into a socket, then the only mode available is the Looper (no matter how many times I change the delay mode or anything I try). Plus it even makes this weird "hissing" sound when it's plugged in!"

other personal problem:
i'm brazilian, and I imported this pedal, so it will be difficult to return it.
I never tried a battery with mine because I knew it wouldn't last long. I use and have always used a one spot and it works perfectly with no noise at all. Try a different adapter.
I never had this problem when I owned my Hardwire DL-8, but it sounds like your power adapter may have problems.

I ran mine with a Visual Sound OneSpot (which also powered several other pedals of mine) with no problems.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I do not discount the possibility
I'll still behind other power adapters for testing.
but I can say, I have two generic adapters , both specification Input: 110V
Output: 9V-300mA with correct polarity
with both the problem is occurring

Another thing, when I received it was normal, but I bought on ebay under the condition: 'New other' (which can mean drawback)

#thanks for your reply
i found something related to the problem that I and initially Deagle-Eyes reported.

A friend asked me if my supply was AC or DC and if it was stabilized.
I observed it's exactly as required the pedal, but i didn't know if it was stable or not.
I have no idea what it was, anyway, i try to use the same source connected to a stabilizer and IT WORKED!!

well, I'll still look for a ps200r DIGITECH supply, and I'll returned to post if I can discard the stabilizer or not,

but now it's the tip!