Hey guys. I am getting a Schecter S-1 Elite online, and I was thinking about replacing the pick-ups because the stock ones are Duncan Designed. I play hard rock/metal, as well as some clean, so I'm looking for a versatile sound. I've looked at other posts and a lot of people recommend Seymour Duncans, just not what specific kind of Seymour Duncans. Or should I just stick with the Duncan Designed ones??

Just in case, I have a Vox AD100VT amp. Any help would be awesome and again, I like to play hard rock/metal (Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine), but I also like to play some clean tunes. Thanks.
Quote by fonsaceme21
Hey guys. I am getting a Schecter S-1 Elite online, and I was thinking about replacing the pick-ups because the stock ones are Duncan Designed. I play hard rock/metal, as well as some clean, so I'm looking for a versatile sound. I've looked at other posts and a lot of people recommend Seymour Duncans, just not what specific kind of Seymour Duncans. Or should I just stick with the Duncan Designed ones??

Just in case, I have a Vox AD100VT amp. Any help would be awesome and again, I like to play hard rock/metal (Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine), but I also like to play some clean tunes. Thanks.

What kind of tone are you looking for and what don't you like about your current tone?

Also, what wood is your guitar's body?
you won't really notice much of a change with that amp.

But I will recommend some pups anyways.

Bridge pup - Dimarzio Breed
Neck pup - Dimarzio Super 2
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
how good are the Duncan designed ones because I was also considering either getting some actual Seymour Duncan's or some Dimazio's of some sort.

Is it a good idea to replace these if you got the spare cash like I probably will or what?
Sorry for hijacking
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
Quote by XtAsY2007
What kind of tone are you looking for and what don't you like about your current tone?

Also, what wood is your guitar's body?

The guitar's body is mahogany and it doesnt seem like theres anything wrong with my tone. I just thought that new pups would make a drastic change in the way my guitar sounds. But people have been saying that through the Vox amp, new pups won't make a difference, so I'll just keep the stock ones.
Quote by TeamSttg
how good are the Duncan designed ones because I was also considering either getting some actual Seymour Duncan's or some Dimazio's of some sort.

Is it a good idea to replace these if you got the spare cash like I probably will or what?
Sorry for hijacking

it all depends on your amp
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73

Sweet looks like I'm saving some cash cheers!
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
Quote by JLT73

Later on, I am thinking about selling my Vox AD100VT amp to upgrade. What do you guys think about the Randall amps? Are they any good and if I got one would I hear a change in tone from my Schecter S-1 Elite if I replaced the pups?