i originally wanted to buy a metal zone (it sounded really good in reviews) but people on ug told me its not the wisest choice and that i should go for a metal muff instead

well i cant get a metal muff,not available in my country and getting it from abroad will cost the earth and take ages
but the distortion factory is available,so which one should i get,the metal zone or the distortion factory?
i dont want anything that sounds the slightest bit digital so if the distortion factory souns like that then i'll just overlook it!

so,which one?
I still recommend the metal muff. I've never played the distortion factory...but the metal zone is terrible.
Quote by Alijonroth
terrible you say??

Yeah...I wasn't a big fan. It has no balls and is really fuzzy sounding.
the metal zone is bad. Unless you are tuning WAY down, and just playing chugga chugga, don't waste your money. I have heard great, and not so great things about the distortion factory. If you can go to youtube and search for it. A few people actually gave decent reviews of it, and you can hear what it sounds like.
Quote by eyebanez333
Yeah...I wasn't a big fan. It has no balls and is really fuzzy sounding.

And you still wanna recommend it?
Quote by Pg.inc_music
the metal zone is bad. Unless you are tuning WAY down, and just playing chugga chugga, don't waste your money. I have heard great, and not so great things about the distortion factory. If you can go to youtube and search for it. A few people actually gave decent reviews of it, and you can hear what it sounds like.

i did that and it sounds good.but i dunno,not heavy enough?? and its also a modelling pedal,i wanted something thats "the real thing" if u knw what i mean

but i guess that cancels the metalzone from my list too :-( and the metal muff is gonna be really hard to acquire

how about the metalcore?
Quote by Fik0n
And you still wanna recommend it?

Actually...i recommended the Metal Muff. If you read my post...I said the Metal Zone is terrible.
Digitech Metal Master. I am a tone freak, and I know how bad an MT-2 sounds. But Metal Master is really good for t3h br00talz but that's about it. I have mine at 5 o'clock for the Morph knob. If you decide to use it for mellower stuff, it sucks.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
LoL the boss metalzone sucks mine picks up radio signals when plugged in hahah. The zakk wylde pedal is nice.
I'm a big fan of the Satchurator by vox. test drove one, saving to buy one now lol.