Been a while, they were out a few years ago
just wondering, what do you guys think about them? I haven't really tried any of them but I was told the more expensive ones sound better, even though they're supposed to have the same firmware...

do they sound realistic at all ?
They sound pretty good. I'm considering one now that I have a Vetta. Might as well fully utilize the amp.

The more expensive ones play better, I dunno if the sound better. Line 6 recently cut out the middle one, i guess it was killing the higher end one's sales.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have the Variax 700. It quickly became my main guitar. Had it for over 2 years now and it gets at least 2 hrs of play everyday. i do recommend getting a PA for the acoustic models and a/b (supplied) to an amp for electric models. They also go great with POD's. There really isn't anything this guitar can't do. MIJ quality is very nice. If anything ever happened to this guitar I'd order another the same day and not think twice about it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Apparently (according to a guy in the guitar shop) they're amazing pieces of equipment, but its not the same as playing the real guitar.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Apparently (according to a guy in the guitar shop) they're amazing pieces of equipment, but its not the same as playing the real guitar.

Really? Not sure how it's different. Plays like any of my others with the exception of 12 string (yeah it still plays like a 6) and the acoustic responds like an electric, but has a plugged acoustic tone. It actually makes life easier for acoustic playing. The honeymoon is certainly over and I srill think it's worth every penny i paid for it. There's 25 instruments in this thing. Nothing you can't do with it and the tonal quality is very impressive. I can match the tone of my buddies strat so close you can't tell the difference with your back turned. (that kinda pissed him off).
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I hear they're really good, but If I got one I'd do something like this. (yes, that's a bass...same concept)

The pickup and its jack are completely independent of the Variax electronics
Nope, no sig here.
you should ask my good friend Yellowfrizbee . She has all the works Variax, Pod, Spider(don't worry she know how crappy it is now ).

Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 6, 2009,
^ was that directed at me?

That's a standard pup in there...nothing digital about it.
Nope, no sig here.
correct me if i'm wrong but if i remeber correctly, the Variax uses piezo saddles, while the roland pickup is an actual pickup squeezed in between the bridge and the bridge pickup
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Wanted to have one for some time now. They discarded the middle one? Shame, the cheapest one isn't really handsome.
As far as sound quality is concerned, Dustin Kensrue from Thrice has recently been using a Variax that he transplanted into a Tele (I believe?) for shows. I caught an interview of him praising the hell out of it, so he seems satisfied. Sounded pretty decent when I saw them last year, but god knows what they ran it through.