Hey guys ive just bought a new guitar but i was thinking about my next one.
Soon i will be gettng a job (after my year 11 gcse's) and was going to save up for a tlecaster.

i would spend up to £600. What one would u reccomend. I like the 72 deluxe and the mexican standard.

what ones are best for indie and rock??

thanks

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
If you can afford it, try to get the Highway 1 Std. or a Baja Tele. They are the best deals for Teles IMHO
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
+1 on the Baja tele...amazing guitar, especially for the money

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well if you're diggin' the humbucker sound, the deluxe is more of an option, however, with singles Highway 1, Baja, or a used US made tele, they'd be the best.

Though, if prices are still as they were last year, with an extra £50 or so you'll be able to buy a new US made tele. But if it's an 08 one I'd not touch it, has a terrible bridge which is more similar to a strat bridge than a tele bridge.
Quote by Ranger01
If you can afford it, try to get the Highway 1 Std. or a Baja Tele. They are the best deals for Teles IMHO

Totally agree. Highway One (the '06 upgraded series) are great for modern music. And indeed I owned the Baja Tele for a while and it was a superb instrument, very versatile with its dual circuits and 4 position blade which allowed you to select among 6 different tones.

Still, go and test different guitars until you find the one that fits your needs.
Looking at your current gear, I'd get a Mexican and use the left over money towards a new amp.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I no u have a 72, but the Thinline Is VERY good. As u c im my sig, its ma baby
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10