Page 1 of 10
Prog/Death band from God Knows Where, Australia. I've heard they freaking SLAY live. Featuring the Metal forum's very own MAGERO.

MySpace

And some Youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvgEOKn58xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnBVIeJX8E&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9D75Jp4ns&feature=channel

Discuss
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Feb 5, 2009,

Thank you, thank you
Uh... what can I say...
We're pretty new, only a year old. Our first demo is up on our myspace. There's plenty of tabs of our songs in the "Tabs and Chords" forum that I'd be happy to link or throw up in here.
We were fortunate enough to play our first show with Ne Obliviscaris and Empyrean last December, and I'm sure a few of you know who THEY are at least
Uh... 'bout all I can think of...
Anyone in Brisbane, would love to hear from you, because that gives me a chance to throw up some flyers

Thanks again.
You guys might want to copyright that name or something, because theres a band in Germany with the same name that makes Gothic/Symphonic metal. Check Metal-Archives.com. Just bringing this to your attention

As for the music I liked everything except for the vocals.
We know about the German band. So far the only confusion we've had has been on last.fm. I think there's some rule about as long as we're not in the same country or record label we're ok, I dunno. Either way...
^ If they chose that name for their band before you they could legally get you to change your name (as it is intellectual property) but unless you were both super successful they'd have nothing to gain so you're pretty much safe.

Anyway, awesome stuff Maggy, looking forward to hearing more
I've been tempted to ask the guys about a name change because the last thing we need is some German band threatening us because their gothic theatre troupe is getting confused with some musicians.
Vocals are too high in the mix and too suck, etc. God, that clean droning makes me want to punch buddy in the dick. The rest is alright, but the vocals take away so much.

There wouldn't be much confusion in the name though, you know, seeing as the real Aeternitas is really far from being well known... change your name. It's kind of a dick move and unoriginal to keep that name knowing there's another (better) active band with it.
cool, I'd agree that the vocals aren't to my taste, but musicaly, very clean, tight, and pretty technical too. You seem pretty good live, especailly when you kick off, like from that keyboard intro.

I added you to my band's myspace friend list btw
Quote by Ramseus
Vocals are too high in the mix and too suck, etc. God, that clean droning makes me want to punch buddy in the dick. The rest is alright, but the vocals take away so much.

There wouldn't be much confusion in the name though, you know, seeing as the real Aeternitas is really far from being well known... change your name. It's kind of a dick move and unoriginal to keep that name knowing there's another (better) active band with it.

I'll have none of that. Don't be a dick, or I'll slap you with mine.

Take that whatever way you will.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
This is good stuff. The piano bit in Ascension = pure win.

I think the vocalist should get some lessons. He's got a good voice but he's singing through his nose and he sounds like he's holding back quite a bit.
great music

although the bass player looks like he belongs in a dress...the pansy
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
great music

although the bass player looks like he belongs in a dress...the pansy

Seriously. He's probably one of those guys that sits at his computer all day.
I'm gonna check you guys out when my internet comes back. They're from Brisbane ( )
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by BR00TAL
The track on the myspace didn't do much for me, and I blame the production, cause I was pretty impressed by that video of your first gig.

I thought the production was pretty good. Perhaps you just aren't trve.
I remember hearing one song that you had up in GP. I can't remember which one, but it was epic and I liked it very much.

So, uh, hurry the hell up and record more.
Oh ye, wtf is wid da bassist? Thinks hes so cool by only have a single name to identify him by....and..and.....using a 6 stringer.....what is that....a guitar???!!

That's all I have.
I've found Jesus
Contraband I can't take you seriously with the new avatar
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Contraband I can't take you seriously with the new avatar

When were any of my posts meant to be 100% serious?
I've found Jesus
That's a very good point.

By the by, when's Aeternitas recording?
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Feb 5, 2009,
You guys have great potential, some really good material there . But you seriously need to do something about the vocalist. Both the cleans and the growls aren't really at the same level as the rest of the band.

And just a thought, but it would be kinda cool to hear the song on your myspace with some really deep growls instead of the current black metal style rasp.
Was totally not expecting this many replies <_<
Anyway.
The demo on the myspace has programmed drums and bass, mainly 'cause I'm amazingly lazy. Duly noted on Sam's vocals. He's much better live than he is with this recording. Pretty sure the natural compression on the mic and the software is what's killing him. It took Nathan ages to get the reverb settings working. We're recording professionally in May. With Adam Merker. He's done two Empyrean albums, Torn Asunder, Wish for Wings, etc. Amazing producer. So we're doing an EP with him but we're doing some more basic demos in the next month or so to hand out at shows.
i dig it, can't get the myspace to work but the live vids are awesome. and i actually enjoy the keyboards which is something unusual for me

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
My Youtube loads unbelievably slow (I have dialup) so I haven't been able to hear too much of the song, but I'm listening to Infusco Aeternitas and I like it quite a bit. I could see me listening to this if a full album was released.
Magero has a really cool bass too.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
the bass player looks like someone that would spend at least 25 hours a day on UG.

I enjoy me a bit of Aeternitas, not the German one.

As for the name, there are quite a few occasions when two or more bands co-existed with identical names. Polish and Russian bands Arkona, for example. So you might get away with it

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
hey Maggie,

why the 6 stringer? I can see the point of the low B, but do you really utulize the high C or is it really just to play more vertical? (less hand shifting)
HESSIAN HAREM
A lot of people seem to not like the vocals, but I personally love them. I haven't heard the Myspace recordings but on the live videos I think they sound great.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
A lot of people seem to not like the vocals, but I personally love them. I haven't heard the Myspace recordings but on the live videos I think they sound great.

They sound worse on the myspace, probably just bad recording...

By the way, did anyone else notice that the beginning of Unto Tower & Elegy sounds a lot like the intro solo in Dante's Inferno by Iced Earth?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by progbass
hey Maggie,

why the 6 stringer? I can see the point of the low B, but do you really utulize the high C or is it really just to play more vertical? (less hand shifting)

It seems pretty obvious to me. 5 strings are better than 4 and 6 strings are better than 5.

Man this is some delicious music. This needs to be signed so we can get cds here in the US.
Quote by madbasslover
It seems pretty obvious to me. 5 strings are better than 4 and 6 strings are better than 5.

says who?

I slay ona 4 much better than a 5. Gimme a jazz bass anyday.
HESSIAN HAREM