Im building a guitar with a humbucker and 2 single coils, and I was wondering would it be possible to coil tap the humbucker and have a 5 was switch.

What I want to do is have the coil tap on the on the bridge pickup so i can switch between a single coil and a humbucker and use the 5 way switch as it normally is in a strat.
It can be done if you add a toggle switch to it. Not hard to do if you dont mind adding a switch. Check out http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources. Good place to get all kinds of wiring diagrams.

However you need to be sure the pickup has 4 conductor wire on it already. Ive seen articles to show you how to add 4 condutor wire to a 3 conductor pickup though the process is way to complicated for me to take the time to do it.
Last edited by bastratard at Feb 5, 2009,
damn that was quick. check out that site. Id add the switch between the volume knob and the 5 way switch screw closest to the bottom of pickup. that way no modding to body. Plus its out of the way but easy to get to. I say do it.
yeah, im on both the sites now, i was gonna put it somewhere on the scratch plate so i didnt have to drill any holes in the body.
Just replace one of the pots with a push/push pot and you don't have to drill any extra holes anywhere.
im not much a fan of push pull pots myself but is a good idea if you thats route you go.I have one in my schecter and another one I bought and dont use. maybe one day I will but not on my strat.