I think one of my tubes in my valveking 112 is burnt out or is about to go. I got a muddy sound coming from it.

I could start by replacing 1 pre amp tube at a time to see where I stand or I could start by replacing one of the power tubes one at a time.

To save money on the shipping and not order I power tube or 1 pre amp tube I decided to change tham all.... 3 pre amps and 2 power tubes.

Now here is my problem, what tubes do I need? Like in manufactuer and part numbers.

My style is classic rock and classic metal (80's)

I'll be ordering from Thomann in Germany as I live in Malta

Thanks
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
http://www.thomann.de/gb/tad_rt212_roehre_6l6gc_duett.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/groove_tubes_12ax7c.htm

EDIT: The tubes you need are 6L6GCs (power) and 12AX7. Any will do, but I highly recommend JJs, which Thomann does not appear to sell. Eurotubes.com sells full retube kits with JJ tubes, and those are reasonably priced.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Feb 5, 2009,
jj's are pretty dark sounding pre amp. look in the VK thread to get an idea of the sound you want. youll probably want a 5751. I hear it brightens up your amp and clears things up.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i got my VK112 valves replaced by a similar valve from fender...what pissed me off is that it happened 1 month after i bought it
i personally like groove tubes for power tubes (i use EL84s though so i dont know much about their 6L6 types) and tung-sol or JJ for preamp tubes. if i were you id do a little bit of research and find a site that rates different brands as to what characteristics they have because theres a lot of different stuff out there that can subtlly change your tone. oh and dont forget to have the power tubes biased and if you do it yourself remember that theres plenty enough voltage in there to kill you if youre not careful so i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself if youre not familiar with the procedure and electrical work in general.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
i personally like groove tubes for power tubes (i use EL84s though so i dont know much about their 6L6 types) and tung-sol or JJ for preamp tubes. if i were you id do a little bit of research and find a site that rates different brands as to what characteristics they have because theres a lot of different stuff out there that can subtlly change your tone. oh and dont forget to have the power tubes biased and if you do it yourself remember that theres plenty enough voltage in there to kill you if youre not careful so i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself if youre not familiar with the procedure and electrical work in general.

The VKs are fixed-bias.

Ad the thing about GTs is that you don't really know what you're getting. They're just rebadged.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

The VK is a fixed bias. so no need to bias the amp.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
The VK is a fixed bias. so no need to bias the amp.

What is biasing an amp?

Thanks

1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical