...and I all of a sudden got incredibly nervous. I really want to pass the first time (and it's not helping that someone recently told me about how a friend of his had to take the test 18 times before he got his permit). I have been studying the book, I'll be reading it again today. Any tips/encouragement/amusing stories?
Play the music, not the instrument. ~Author Unknown

blackzeppelion
Who's the band that could become the next led zeppelin?
Ovenman
Iron blimp.
J.A.M
Aluminum helicopter.
Ovenman
*Breaks out periodic table* Magnesium bi-plane.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Pfft Americans... you don't even drive manual cars.

You are incorrect.

Driving tests are easy if you have common sense and spacial perception.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by MarshmallowPies
...and I all of a sudden got incredibly nervous. I really want to pass the first time (and it's not helping that someone recently told me about how a friend of his had to take the test 18 times before he got his permit). I have been studying the book, I'll be reading it again today. Any tips/encouragement/amusing stories?

Honestly, just don't drive like that guy. He must be bloody awful and shouldn't be allowed one if he's that bad.
Quote by niflag
You are incorrect.

Driving tests are easy if you have common sense and spacial perception.

How does it work for them then? I was under the impression that most teens at least, learn to drive automatics.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
How does it work for them then? I was under the impression that most teens at least, learn to drive automatics.

Most do.
I took my test in an automatic, but would never consider driving one again. I do ocasionally but find myself randomly trying to shift. Lol.

Anyway, dont get nervous about driving. Its not hard at all. Just remember everything you learned. You will be fine.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Pfft Americans... you don't even drive manual cars.

Gross generalization. "Standard" is synonymous with "manual transmission" for a reason. Statistically speaking, more Americans have ever tested with a manual transmission than with an automatic.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Last edited by niflag at Feb 5, 2009,
I was so nervous on my second practical test that I accidently turned on the wipers instead of indicating.

I passed though with 5 minors (UK test)
I thought it meant I won 5 minors to molest
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Good luck

My dad asked me when I take my test for my 'guitar license' the other day
Don't worry, Learner's test is easy.

even I passed it first time, I just failed twice at driving test..