President Barack Obama imposed a $500,000 pay cap on some senior executives whose firms receive government financial rescue money, a dramatic intervention into corporate governance in the midst of financial crisis.

Standing with his Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Obama said the United States doesn't disparage wealth nor does it begrudge those who succeed, but lavish bonuses for executives at companies seeking taxpayer dollars was unfair.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/03/obama-to-limit-executive_n_163765.html

Bull****. I reckon half that is still too much for the people who ran the world's economy into the ground through greed.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I wouldnt rally blame them, there's a board of directors and investors who appoint these people. It's like baseball players- can you blame them for taking so much? It's the OWNERS fault for allowing the system to get this way- these evil folks are just opportunists.

Either way, $ 500 k is more money than I could imagine.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
I think it's still too much, paying people to fail.

Also quite annoying that it isn't retroactive, so the bastards who already tucked millions of public money into tyjeir own pockets get to keep it.
Yea 500k is still too much for them but its ALOT better than the millions they were making a year.
At least Obama is trying to do something to fix our past 50 years of **** up.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think it's still too much, paying people to fail.

Also quite annoying that it isn't retroactive, so the bastards who already tucked millions of public money into tyjeir own pockets get to keep it.

Exactly. Even if he limited them to the average industrial wage it wouldn't matter because they've made millions through their shoddy ****ing dealings already.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by tjt452000
Dont hate the player, hate the game.

And the ones who created the game, and those who benefited so much from the game that they used all their power to prevent anyone from changing the rules of the game.
Good move for Obama, I'd say.

I can't imagine anyone complaining about a 500k cap for any job. What a bunch of pricks. We also have to consider the fact that these dickheads still make a ****load of money off of dividends on their stocks, and trading said stocks.

A step in the right direction if you want to win the favor of the middle and lower classes.
Quote by narciso_yepes
$500,000 is about $500,000 and one not-beheading too much for those people

Agree
Quote by UGers
OMG CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL MAKE THEM WORK FOR FREE

Personally, I like this move. There's a senator right now proposing a law that executives in any company that's been bailed out be limited to the presidential salary ($400K). I'm all for this. If you're going to take public money, your use of that money ought to be regulated by public officials.
Death to Ovation haters!