Is it possible to mount a floyd on a strat? What do you need to do? exept routing the body for those pullups?
Have you never seen eddie van halen's strat?

search for "frankenstrat" in the forums, you'll find lots
You could flush mount it with little routing. I thought fender even sold a strat with a floyd from the factory...anyway other than the routing, you will have to drill new holes for the pivot studs, and put a locking nut on the neck. From there its pretty much a standard trem install.
Quote by d.c.guitar
You should get a Kahler!

NO.

as far as this thread, searchbar. There have been over 200 of these threads, and I'm sick of them
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
NO.

as far as this thread, searchbar. There have been over 200 of these threads, and I'm sick of them

You don't like Kahlers?
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Quote by d.c.guitar
You don't like Kahlers?

OP's question was specifically about Floyd Roses, not Kahler trems.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by d.c.guitar
You don't like Kahlers?

No, as a matter of fact they're not as good as an FR (though both have been going down in quality, Gotoh's LOFR [Licensed Original FR- think the same design but better] is better).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if you need to ask you cant do it. or at least you shouldnt. reasearch for a few hours, learn how FR's work, how to install them and then how to maintain them. then come back and decide if you really want one.

now im not trying to discourage you because im a HUGE floyd lover, but before you get one at least know what to expect. most people that hate floyds got one on a guitar they bought and never learned how to maintain them. then they get pissed that it doesnt work properly.

just do some research before you get one and youll be fine
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I put a floyd on my squire.I had to drill 2 holes for the pivot posts and used a chisel to carve underneath it instead of routing because i didn't have one then.It started to crack the finish on the guitar before i took some wood away underneath. i would suggest that if you don't know how to use a router buy a floyd rose neck if you plan on using the locking nut.
Quote by savage94
I put a floyd on my squire.I had to drill 2 holes for the pivot posts and used a chisel to carve underneath it instead of routing because i didn't have one then.It started to crack the finish on the guitar before i took some wood away underneath. i would suggest that if you don't know how to use a router buy a floyd rose neck if you plan on using the locking nut.

no
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Don't forget you'll have to route the neck for the locking nut also. the 2 pivot posts and neck route will have to be precise. You don't have to route out the body if you want it flush mounted but then that means no pull ups. I prefer it that way but most like to have t recessed and floating.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I've retro fitted an Original Floyd Rose in a Strat year ago. It worked well. Measure twice. drill/route once.
AL
Hi! I have done some research on them, and I actually know how to maintain them beacuse I´ve had a floyd rose guitar... So I need to drill new holes for pivot posts and just route the body a bit? How much wider is the floyd?

I wont use the locking nut, I´m going for locking tuners
Quote by Musicman_91
Hi! I have done some research on them, and I actually know how to maintain them beacuse I´ve had a floyd rose guitar... So I need to drill new holes for pivot posts and just route the body a bit? How much wider is the floyd?

I wont use the locking nut, I´m going for locking tuners

Its not really the width that is a problem with a FR, its the height. They are a lot taller than most standard trems, thats why you have to route the body a little bit.
Quote by eyebanez333
Its not really the width that is a problem with a FR, its the height. They are a lot taller than most standard trems, thats why you have to route the body a little bit.

So I just have do drill the pivot holes a bit deeper?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

JESUS CHRIST!

Is it a guitar? Is there wood? Is there strings?

IF SO THEN MAKE IT WORK.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
you cant just make the pivot holes deeper, you will have to recess the floyd so it can actually go lower

any further questions should be asked in the Ultimate Floyd Rose thread, search it on UG or google, it will come up either way (it'll be at the top for google)