Bad economy... but man, the prices of standard (mexican) strats and telecasters continues to go up. they were $399, then $449, now I look today on sweetwater and they are $549....

i wonder if everyone else is going to go up to $549. damn me not having a job and having to wait to buy one haha... $150 change since i've been looking at buying one
Quote by microtech
Bad economy... but man, the prices of standard (mexican) strats and telecasters continues to go up. they were $399, then $449, now I look today on sweetwater and they are $549....

i wonder if everyone else is going to go up to $549. damn me not having a job and having to wait to buy one haha... $150 change since i've been looking at buying one

Forget the mega stores for now the deals can be found in the local shops. Take advantage of it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Man, that is crazy. I've been thinking about buying an American Tele. Even those went up almost 400 bucks on Sweetwater. I believe they are still the normal, lower prices on musiciansfriend and guitar center. But who knows how long it will be until the prices go up on those sites as well. Maybe I should grab one for cheaper while I still can.. :/
Quote by TheWaydown
Man, that is crazy. I've been thinking about buying an American Tele. Even those went up almost 400 bucks on Sweetwater. I believe they are still the normal, lower prices on musiciansfriend and guitar center. But who knows how long it will be until the prices go up on those sites as well. Maybe I should grab one for cheaper while I still can.. :/

Yeah, I have found a used MIA Tele at GC for $849, and hopefully it will still be there for me in a couple weeks, so I don't have to pay for the price hike.
I'm quite glad I got my guitar when I did (last Monday). I looked again this morning and it has gone from £320 to £450 (~$450 to $660) - nearly a 50% increase in a little over a week.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by AJS19
Yeah, I have found a used MIA Tele at GC for $849, and hopefully it will still be there for me in a couple weeks, so I don't have to pay for the price hike.

Yeah that's not too bad. I went to an actual 'Guitar Center' store for the first time, a few weeks ago. It's in Nashua, New Hampshire. It was announced this week the store is 'going out of business'. I should drive the couple of hours and try to get a deal on something before it's all cleaned out. Maybe it's too late now anyways. I wonder if there are more Guitar Center stores closing?
eBay or Craigslist while the economy is down my friend. Most MIM strats have gone up about $200 in local stores around here, quite ridiculous. I just scored the strat in my sig for $265 US, go eBay my friend, you won't regret it.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!